Using gameconfig.txt file to get Kirby's Adventure (SUKP01) to work

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Wreck5tep, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Wreck5tep
    OP

Wreck5tep Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Hi guys,
    got a farely simple question. Just tried to start up Kirby's Adventure PAL on my vWii and I got a white screen freeze after the title screen.
    I googled the problem and found out that putting a gameconfig.txt file on the root of my SD card would solve the problem.
    Thing is, I'm using USB Loader GX to load the game from USB, and I think it's just ignoring the gameconfig file.

Do I have to do something special, maybe another Loader or something?

2. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013

try wiiflow and those config files i think are only created by the game loader i.e wiiflow or usbloader gx

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    It seems that USBLoaderGX requires to have at least one Ocarina code enabled to load the gameconfig.txt
    I'll change this later (I need to test it, and I don't have kirby game. I have SSBB, I'll try with it).

The gameconfig.txt need to be on the root of the SD card, or in the /codes/ folder.
    In USBLoaderGX go to :

game's settings > Game Load > Ocarina : enable
    game's settings > Ocarina > download the codes from Geckocodes (it's done by the loader) and enable at lest one code.

OR

You can try without Ocarina, but I'm not sure it will work.
    Game's settings > Game Load > Hooktype : VI (default)
    Game's settings > Game Load > debugger : enabled

OR

Try another USBLoader if you don't want to enable at least one cheat code.
    I'll change this behavior when I have time.

4. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States
    Kirby uses Metafortress protection; you need to DISABLE all cheats and also ocarina to make it to work.

5. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Then it might not work in USBLoaderGX as gameconfig.txt seems to be loaded only if ocarina is enabled.

I understand what you meant :

You need to disable all patches to prevent the white screen (you don't need the gameconfig.txt at all).
    Disable "return to"
    Disable "Video mode" (set disc default, and play your own region's game)
    Disable "Ocarina"
    etc.

6. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 23, 2013

i dont think its just the ocarina i used to test that game out all the time including (prince of persia forget sands/black ops/mw3 and one time kirby used to work untill i added more to usbloadergx then it decided not to again :(

7. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Isn't this gameconfig.txt used to patch the metafortress AP at the same time?
    as you can't patch the game with metafortress active, it would be logic that it's disabled to even allow gameconfig.txt to patch the game to add Classic Controller support.

I found this Ocarina code on my computer, but I don't know if it works, nor for which version it's meant:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

For games like Prince of persia, just disable all patches (return to, video mode, ocarina, etc.)

8. asper

asper GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 14, 2010
    United States

If you run a metafortress protected game through a loader you MUST disable ALL memory patches in order for it to run. Game may starts but it hangs in certain occasion/locations; this is how metafortress works.