Hacking Using Fake SD cards?

BrokenHymen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I followed a guide to transfer CFW from original N3DS SD card to a fake Samsung 64gb pro from ebay(no idea it was fake till now).

Every thing works but I cannot install CIAs using FBI, it gives me the Summary Invalid Argument error. Is it because the card is a fake? Or did I do something else wrong, which I dont think I did. Just want you guys to confirm before I buy an official SD card and try again.

Thx.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There are 3 things fake on a fake SD card.
1. It's brand
2. It's packaging and print on the sd card itself
3. It's size (in term of memory) --> a 64gb card might display itself as a 64gb card when you plug it into the computer, but only 8gb, 16gb or 32gb (in some rare cases) are actually usable.

Jinnial

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is not the fake SD card causing the problem, it would be which NAND you're in or if the CIA is legit. You can only install legit CIAs to your sysnand while you can install any CIA to your emunand.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I followed a guide to transfer CFW from original N3DS SD card to a fake Samsung 64gb pro from ebay(no idea it was fake till now).

Every thing works but I cannot install CIAs using FBI, it gives me the Summary Invalid Argument error. Is it because the card is a fake? Or did I do something else wrong, which I dont think I did. Just want you guys to confirm before I buy an official SD card and try again.

Thx.
so . . . did you format it to fat32 first?

BrokenHymen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There are 3 things fake on a fake SD card.
1. It's brand
2. It's packaging and print on the sd card itself
3. It's size (in term of memory) --> a 64gb card might display itself as a 64gb card when you plug it into the computer, but only 8gb, 16gb or 32gb (in some rare cases) are actually usable.

The SD card actually has a capacity of 61gb i guess it uses the other 3gb. Doesnt memory cards use more memory the larger they are? Then again its a fake SD.

If it is not the fake SD card causing the problem, it would be which NAND you're in or if the CIA is legit. You can only install legit CIAs to your sysnand while you can install any CIA to your emunand.

Its Reinand, there is also a EmunandD9 in the root of the sd card, i bought the N3ds on ebay and got in contact with the seller and he installed CFW, the firmware is 9.2 U btw. When I turn the 3ds on it shows Reinand and tells me to press start.
i can install any CIA on the original SD card, but when I try it on the fake SD card(everything works, everything plays) but it wont install the CIA.

From my research, im using Pasta CFW, without any game hack, like that cubicninja game, there is also a rxTools folder on the root as well as menuhax bin file.

so . . . did you format it to fat32 first?

Funny because when I first put the SD on the PC and checked the properties, it showed that the SD card was already Fat32, which surprised me and was a key indication its fake. Anyway, I did not format it AT FIRST, i went a head with the guide, but messed up when you have drag the partition not move it.

After I messed it up, i format it using right click on the SD card and format it to ExFat, then I Reformat it using MiniTool to Fat32 then I restored the SD card using USB Image Tool. And finally completed the guide process, with EaseUs Partition Master.

So it got me thinking, if its not the Fake SD then either i did not successfully backup the original SD card with Image tool, which I know there was no error, or im still not getting the part with EaseUs Partition Master where you DRAG OR MOVE the partition to the right. Of it can be something else.

The guide was writen almost a year ago and god knows if any of the mentioned programs have been updated to work differently or something.

Thx for the feed back guys.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
When buying SD cards (which you don't know of if their fake or not) use h2testw to determine their actual size.

If an SD card with a large capacity is so cheap that it's almost to good to be true, it usually is.

BrokenHymen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When buying SD cards (which you don't know of if their fake or not) use h2testw to determine their actual size.

If an SD card with a large capacity is so cheap that it's almost to good to be true, it usually is.

Thanks, i'll check that out

So do you think the reason I cant install cias using this SD card is because the SD is at fault or something I did, or something the program/computer did wrong?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Fake SDs just can't be trusted.
Want to keep your data safe, get a proper one.

Just take the SD back to where you bought it and demand a refund or at least one with a proper size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: