Hacking using EZ 3in1 with R4

shane73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am using a R4 unit with the 1.18 firmware. when i try and use the gba exploader 0.58 or the gbaldr i constantly get the message there is no slot 3 device present. Is there something simple that i am doing wrong?

shane73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry meant slot 2.
I have tried cleaning the contacts and also tried in another DS lite as well.
Does anyone have a link to where i can download GBA exploader 0.58b i have read that it handles the new DS models better

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clubecgr said:
slot 3? even if you are using the plus edition, the gba exploader by rudolph will work. try using YS Menu

i wouldn't think that it would work under ysmenu, since it needs to be able to soft reset to work.

it's for this reason alone that i run ysmenu through the moonshell button on 1.18

n3rds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sweenish said:
clubecgr said:
slot 3? even if you are using the plus edition, the gba exploader by rudolph will work. try using YS Menu

i wouldn't think that it would work under ysmenu, since it needs to be able to soft reset to work.

it's for this reason alone that i run ysmenu through the moonshell button on 1.18

How?

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's an option with r4ysauto

the file _DS_MNSHL.NDS is launched by the middle button. no one ever said it had to be moonshell

shane73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if i tried to run ysmenu would this be a replacement to the moonshell or an add-on.
I have never really done much with the R4 so not sure of what to do at the moment.
I am starting to think that the 3in1 unit maybe faulty

MacBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, hello to all... this is my first post. I never posted before because i never have anything new to post, but i read this forum for some time.
In second, sorry for the poor english
rolleyes.gif

I thought it 3 in 1 was broken too, however, replacing the original R4 firmware (1.18) by lastest YSMenu (03/27/09) led the Ezflash work without problems with the Rumble, GBA and DS Navigator.

I stronght suggest you read this article to make the change for YSMenu:

YSMenu

I hope you can make this work
wink.gif

Best RGDS.

EDIT: With this you don't need the GBAExploloader anymore!

shane73

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks heaps, that works like a treat for the R4
one other question though is that the same process doesnt work for the r4 pro.
i presume it would be a different firmware is this the case and if so where would i be able to get it.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didn't mention it before, but my gbaexploader works flawlessly under r4 1.18.

i haven't tried it under ysmenu, because like i said, it needs to soft reset, and that's a thing that ysmenu can't universally do.

MacBlaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, with the last version of YSMenu (03/21, now 03/27), you don't need the soft-reset since it support the "new versions" of Ezflash directly, no need of reset the DS.

When my Ezflash comes, it not work with the Rumble Feature and the DS Browser don't start, giving the mensage that doesn't have the expasion Card.

the Exploloader 58b either reconize the Ezflash rumble funcion, only the expasion Pack, perhaps not working with the DS Browser (this with the original R4 firmware 1.18).

When i put the last version of ysmenu on my card that's use this as default (yes, i have cards with the Original Firmware and others with YZmenu, don't ask me why), thys version reconize all the stuff, the Rumble (now have a button to activate it), run GBA games directly from the card (no need other software) and start the DS Browser without a problem, and of course no need soft reset to active them!

For the R4 Pro, i don't no, perhaps it's possible start the YSMenu as a .NDS file, since i presume, for this way it can work!

Best RGDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies