Hacking Using DSTwo, Full Screen settings?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I was just using the DSTwo Supercard to go back down memory lane for a quick thrash on SM64DS but I have noticed, how do you get a full screen using on the 3DSXL cause it cuts the top screen down on a bit on the XL. Anyone know how? Thanks.

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hold the Start and Select buttons and then while holding, launch the game by hitting A or tapping the icon

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Working fine for me. Make sure you press the R button first(and give it like 2 sec) then keeping it pressed start the game with A

I can get a smaller screen by holding start or Select and click on Alex Rider on home screen but cannot make it bigger?

110% m8 wont work for me remember I'm using it with 4.3.0FW not the latest also using V1.11FW DSTwo?

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I remember when I used it on a 3ds I couldn't get the screen also bigger but went smaller.
That is why dsi xl is the best for this and better sound quality.

Reecey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ugh I don't get what is the issue. Is your firmware 9.x or maybe it because I am using retail cartridge
https://imgur.com/avhZdCP
Edit-Oh ok in that case maybe only google or someone here can help you. Good Luck

Could you test Mario 64DS for me see if it works with you please?. So your using a 3DSXL with a DSTwo card and your just holding the R button (Camera Button) and then press A to start the game? What software are you using to run DS roms?

telon22

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Could you test Mario 64DS for me see if it works with you please?. So your using a 3DSXL with a DSTwo card and your just holding the R button (Camera Button) and then press A to start the game? What software are you using to run DS roms?
Oh no sorry friend I don't own DSTwo I used a retail cartridge on 9.x firmware. I thought alteast the resizing function would be same.
Other than that yes I did what you said. Since you are on lower firmware instead of R button you can even try Sel button you never know

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There are two screen modes - one is scaled up to the 3DS screen's height (320x240, scaled from 256x192), the other is 1:1 (native 256x192). You can't go "full" screen (400x240), the 3DS has a different aspect ratio, the game will always either have columns on the side (upscaled mode) or it will be letterboxed (1:1 mode).

Reactions: Reecey

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you mean the black bars on the side, no way to get rid of those (and even if stretching was possible, it would look absolutely awful).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr