Using dslazy?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by GeekyGuy, Aug 29, 2007.

1. GeekyGuy
    OP

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    I'm wanting to try the arm7 fix for Worms OW2, and downloaded dslazy to do that. I've never used any of this stuff and I don't want to brick my DS. In the "read me" doc for dslazy, there's this mention: "grep for bricker code in .nds" Just reading the word "brick" in relation to my DS gives me pause, so I thought I'd better ask before screwing with anything.

The readme doc is fairly vague, especially for someone who's never done this before. I have the arm7 BIN file and dslazy...is there someone who can perhaps walk me through the process of working this fix for Worms OW2?

Thanks

2. retman

retman Banned

Banned
    Jun 3, 2007
    unpack .nds with program
    replace the old file with the new file
    repack with the program

3. GeekyGuy
    OP

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Hmm...okay, so all the other items inside the unzipped dslazy folder I don't need to worry or mess with, eh?

Thanks

One more question, though. When I go to repack the nds file, do I choose "current" or re-choose the original file (in this case Worms OW2) that I unpacked. I ask because once it's unpacked it appears as a folder.

4. retman

retman Banned

Banned
    Jun 3, 2007
    Yes you don't need to mess with those files. when asked to save select the original rom

5. GeekyGuy
    OP

Former Staff
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    Appreciate the help. Thanks again.

6. WB3000

WB3000 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    Might you also consider dsbuff for ARM7 Swapping? [​IMG]