Using DSbrowser to browse the net through mobile?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rankas, May 11, 2007.

1. Rankas
    OP

Rankas Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2007
    Norway
    I just wondered if it were possible to browse the net on the ds through mobile connection like 3g/edge? or dont the DS got bluetooth ?

2. H8TR

H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 22, 2006
    Canada
    t-Dot
    No, the DS only has legacy 802.11. I can only dream of a DS with GSM 1900MHz HSDPA.

3. Rankas
    OP

Rankas Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2007
    Norway
    Would a bluetooth device in the Ds really cost that much?[​IMG] Seems like Nintendo is only aiming for kids under 10 with their handheld consoles. Even though they got more potensial like the psp.

4. bobrules

bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 20, 2006
    Canada
    Toronto
    I gotta say, I'm impressed with the psp graphics.

5. - Wrath of God -

- Wrath of God - God

Nov 8, 2003
    United States
    Well it hasn't been made yet, and I don't think that anyone's thought of that. However a DS bluetooth device would go in the GBA slot, right? And since the Opera browser only works with a Ram Pack/Flash cart, it'd kinda defeat its purpose, eh? Unless you wanna use a homebrew browser.

6. Mewgia

Mewgia drifter

Dec 16, 2006
    United States
    Boston, MA
    Well, if EZflash can fit a rumble motor and the flash memory alongside the 8MBs of ram in the 3-in-1, I'm sure Nintendo could fit a GSM receiver in their cart along with the 8MBs of ram (or maybe more, which would be useful >_>)

7. crafton48

crafton48 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2006
    I thought the 3 in 1 had 32megs of ram?

8. fli_guy84

fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 20, 2006
    Malaysia
    Nope, the 3in1 has 16MB worth of PSRAM. 32MB is for the NOR flash.

9. Glacius0

Glacius0 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 27, 2005
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Um..bluetooth doesn't do the DS any good. The network chip in it now has been chosen for 3 reasons. It's cheaper, it can connect to both other DSes and routers, and it has low power consumption.

10. go185

go185 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2006
    Exactly. Bluetooth, IMO, sucks power from a battery like a vampire sucks blood from a person