Homebrew Using Dios Mios lite loud fan

ahbba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed dios mios lite so i can play gc games off my sd card. I am using a wii system and not a wii u. I use usb loader gx to load the games. The games run fine and all but the fan on the wii just runs constantly and is really noisy. Anyone know why the fan is so loud?

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
This is an unusual problem. Never heard of a Wii's fan going crazy when loading a Gamecube game. Are you sure the noise is coming from the Wii's fan and not from either the hard drive or disk drive?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an unusual problem. Never heard of a Wii's fan going crazy when loading a Gamecube game. Are you sure the noise is coming from the Wii's fan and not from either the hard drive or disk drive?

SD cards rarely make noise.

I'd suggest either blowing compressed air at the fan, hoping that cleaning it off quiets it, or else open up the whole thing for a total system cleanout, if that's something you're comfortable doing. That or just live with the noise and maybe aim a table fan at the system to make sure it's plenty cool.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I already encountered fan making loud noise and high speed, but it usually happen only at rare occasion (high CPU usage, maybe temperature is above normal?), and very rarely when powering the console.
shutting down and rebooting fix this issue.

If your fan is going crazy every time you launch DML, something is wrong.
Try opening it and cleaning it like suggested above (maybe it's just full of dusts, making it overheat or hard to turn)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
SD cards rarely make noise.
sorry but i need to ask this, how does an SD card actually makes noise?
noise at same level as a cpu, which can't be heard with "naked ears" (meaning you have to use equipment to hear that noise) doesnt count >:C

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.