Would rather have a cup of Tea!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Micro$oft have started banning users who have connected today when using hacked fw. It dosnt matter what drive you have and what fw version. You will be banned! Warning to all. Ive just restored my original FW back to my drive
biggrin.gif

EDIT: THIS MAY NO LONGER BE THE CASE AS PEOPLE WITH UNMODDED 360'S HAVE BEEN GETTING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE.
IF YOU ARE USING HACKED FW THOUGH I WOULD ADVISE EXTREME CAUTION TOWARDS CONNECTING TO LIVE UNTIL THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED EITHER WAY!

squirt1000

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Buy one and do it yourself, Then at least you can undo it when you want! If you buy pre-done then you prob wont get the original .bin file with the original fw and key included
frown.gif

squirt1000

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My neighbor has just shown me his screen saying he has been banned. All happened after downloading the Halo 3 beta this afternoon! Check out the forums on other well know scene sites and there are loads of people having the same problem! Looks genuine enough to me. I wouldnt post things like this just to get a reaction and cause panic for the sake of it!
smile.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
From what I gather its consoles rather than gamertags, assuming you could replace the motherboard (and get a new serial) it should fix it.
Apprently it is tied into the Halo 3 Beta, gamers that try it via crackdown with a flashed drive get banned. This might not be true as just about everyone is playing the beta.

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was planning on getting a 360.. does this mean i have to go legit?
or can i play using a modchip (not a firmware update) and be fine...

squirt1000

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Righto, Ive called M$ cust services and pretended that my restored 360 has been banned and they advised me that I hadnt been banned and there is a problem with xbox live at the moment. Sit tight and ride this one out folks. Could be a massive cockup on M$'s part
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/