Hardware Using Arduino Uno as HORI Pad - Receives no Power from Nintendo Switch

Moraxno

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
first of all, I am very sorry if this is the wrong category to post this in, but I don't know where else to put it.

I am trying to replicate any of the following projects from GitHub: (unfortunately I cannot provide direct links as a new member)
fossephate/switch-controller
shinyquagsire23/Switch-Fightstick
wchill/SwitchInputEmulator

on my Arduino Uno R3 (actually ELEGOO Uno R3).
For each of the projects I did the following steps multiple times:
- Working on WSL Ubuntu 18.04
- Clone the repo.
- Edit the Makefile, so the correct MCU (atmega16u2) is selected and edited the LUFA path to the correct location.
- Run make successfully.
- Work on Windows
- Flash the .hex file to the board via Atmel Flip. I made sure the Arduino is in DFU Mode, Erasing and Flashing works and are verified.
- When reconnecting the Arduino via USB it gets recognized as a Hori Pad S or Pokken Controller (depends on project)
- Inspecting the Controller in the "Bluetooth & other devices" menu even shows, that button presses are performed.

From this, I deduce, that the Arduino itself works properly.

The first thing to notice, when I connect it to the switch: It does not power up. As a workaround, I tried to power the Arduino externally to 5V, but then the Switch starts to charge - nothing else.

In the videos from the project, the Arduino is usually connected via a small USB-C to USB-A adapter or they are connected to the docking station.
Unfortunately, currently, I don't have my docking station and I don't have this kind of adapter.
To connect the two devices I use the following chain:
- Arduino Uno
- USB-B to USB-A cable [~1m] (same as for flashing and connecting to pc, so power and data lines have to be working)
- USB-A Female-Female Adapter (power and data lines working)
- USB-A to USB-C cable [~1m] (usually for charging my phone and transferring data, so power and data lines have to be working)
- Nintendo Switch without Dock

Is there anything about this setup, that causes the Switch to not recognize the Arduino as a controller? Are the cables too long? I am completely stumped because this should be the same setup...

I hoped to make some progress on this project this weekend and now this really blocks me off completely.
I am thankful for any help or tips.

Eric0716

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi thanks for sharing.
I got a problem: I tried Arduino with my lite, at first il worked perfectly, when I put it on my docking station, il worked no more!!
But worked well at another switch....
Is it the problem of the lite?

Hope you can help me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: did you always have a ps4 you never updated