Hardware Using an xbox 360 controller on my Wii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible at all to use my xbox controller on the wii? If not, someone should make that happen.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why can't that "somebody" be you? You can't expect coders to bend to your every demand
rolleyes.gif

There isn't currently anything that allows this compatibility, but it is theoretically possible. The Xbox controller is a rather simple USB device that requires a basic driver to run on Windows PC's and can also be used on Linux systems, so it is possible that someone may write a new library for it on top of the USB libs. I haven't heard of anyone specifically working on it, though.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
Most certainly, if this is ever done, it'll make the controller only work in homebrew apps, not Retail games.
I suppose a heavily-modified IOS could remap an Xbox controller natively as a classic controller or Gamecube controller (probably the former), but that would take a lot of work - it's about the same as asking that the mIOS support USB loading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/hYkEl-3x92A?si=JSDoEc2QCDOrtimz