Hacking Using an SD card and a USB (at the same time?)

Corrosive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I barely got a wii and got into the whole "hacking" scene about 5 days ago, so I'm at least 5 years late to the party.

I've sifted through countless threads, all-in-one "guides", and through tons of dead links and obsolete methods, and I'm nearly at the point I want to be in the wii/hack scene.

I've been doing everything with an SD card (was fortunate enough to find an old 001 wii) but I recently bought a USB stick to expand my storage space. Is it possible to use them both at the same time? Not literally of course, but to have both in my system and switch between the two depending on which game I want to play and where it's located (the SD or USB).

Do I have to put all the /apps folders I have installed on the SD card in the USB as well? Should I copy everything over except the games?

I've tried searching, to no avail, but if someone could merely post a link headed toward the info I'm looking for I'll attempt to find it myself.

aenoch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they work at the same time most loaders have custom paths so you can pick where certain things run from right now i have all my wii/gamecube games on my external hdd and the homebrew like emulators/roms on my sd card

Corrosive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I have homebrew on each, when my homebrew channel only loads the apps from either the sd or the usb, but not both at once. I have to unplug one for it to read the other, usually it reads the SD by default.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press either 1 or 2 (I can't remember which) in the Homebrew channel and you can switch from SD to USB for the apps folder.

Having your game collections on both SD and USB is something that depends on the loader you're using. Multiple USB drives at the same time is what doesn't work.

I keep all of my apps and their data on SD and only put disc images on my HDD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM