Hacking Using a USB Loader with a pre-partitioned drive.

sarcasmsiempre

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, hi everybody! I'm a new member on these forums, and I'll either be getting a Wii for Christmas or buying one with Christmas money. And the first thing I plan to do with it is hack the hell out of it, because that's what I do.

I was doing some research, and I came across the whole topic of USB loaders for the Wii. In my research, I first noticed that an external hard drive needed to be formatted to WBFS to work with these USB loaders, but upon looking a bit further I saw some references to a new version of the Configurable USB Loader that supported FAT partitions.

My external hard drive is 1 TB, and I plan on splitting it into several different partitions (6, actually) for various backups and storage. I'm planning on using one of those partitions to store backups of my Wii games. But before I end up making a terrible mistake, I have a few questions:

• Does the Configurable USB Loader support the loading of games from and the backing up of games to FAT partitions?
• My plan is to format and partition my external hard drive beforehand, so all of the partitions will already be present on the drive before I connect it to my Wii for the first time. Will the USB Loader be able to detect the FAT partition without any problems?
• Will the USB Loader require me to do any additional formatting of my drive after I connect it that could cause me to lose data?
• Should I not use a partitioned drive with a USB Loader at all?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
search_it_noob.gif

Continue your research.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sarcasmsiempre said:
• Does the Configurable USB Loader support the loading of games from and the backing up of games to FAT partitions? Yes
• My plan is to format and partition my external hard drive beforehand, so all of the partitions will already be present on the drive before I connect it to my Wii for the first time. Will the USB Loader be able to detect the FAT partition without any problems? On Configurable USB Loader, you can select which partition to use!
• Will the USB Loader require me to do any additional formatting of my drive after I connect it that could cause me to lose data? No.
• Should I not use a partitioned drive with a USB Loader at all? It won't matter! See answer #2!

Next time, search.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol