Hardware Using a second SD card with A9LH+Luma3DS 6.6

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-----------------------++++++++++++++++:yay3ds:++++++++++++++++-----------------

I was not sure where to post this, and I have been looking all over the internet for 2 1/2 hours now. So if I posted this in the wrong section, please move it to the correct section. Thanks.

Anyways, I am using a 32GB SD Card with A9LH and Luma3DS 6.6 CFW. But I have run out of space on my SD card. I have removed games and then installed new ones, but then if I find something new I want to play/try then I always have to uninstall one that I would normally want to keep, in order to put the new one on.

So I am wondering how can I go about using a second SD card for certain games. Maybe even a 3rd and 4th, for GBA cames, and SNES games, etc.

I know I can copy everything over to the SD card I want to use, But after copying the SD card files to my PC, I would need to delete all of the games that are on there, in order to free up all the space, so then I can copy all my basic A9LH files, Decrypt9, Hourglass9, etc... to the new SD card.

So Basically I am just wondering, how do I find out what I CAN delete, before copying the root files to the new SD card, so I can fill it up with new stuff that I want?

I also cannot seem to find out where the "games" are installed to on my SD card. I have looked in a bunch of folders. I am guessing there are labels with titlekeys? or something of the sort? Because I have not found any folders that had games in them, with like "legit" names... like "The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time 3D". lol.

So yeah, I would appreciate it if someone could help me out with this!

Below is how I would like to have my SD Card setup.

I have a 32GB Sd card that is my main one.:yay3ds:
I have a 16GB SD Card which will be a secondary games SD Card.:yaynds:
I have a 4GB SD Card which I will use for GB+GBC+GBA Games.:yaysp:

Last but not least, I have another 4GB SD Card that I will use for NES+SNES+Sega Genesis+Turbo Grafx16 and any other consoles that I wind up wanting to play.:yayu:

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BLCKBLuR,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The games are in the Nintendo 3DS folder. I don't remember the folder structure right now and I don't have my own 3DS at hand but just look for whichever folder is the largest by looking at it's properties .. Once you find the right folder you'll find several folders that are named with the game's titleid .. just delete those. You could delete all of them but I believe your apps may be there too (freeShop, FBI and the like). Anyway you can find out what the titleid of each game is from http://www.3dsdb.com/

Reactions: BLCKBLuR

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games are in the Nintendo 3DS folder. I don't remember the folder structure right now and I don't have my own 3DS at hand but just look for whichever folder is the largest by looking at it's properties .. Once you find the right folder you'll find several folders that are named with the game's titleid .. just delete those. You could delete all of them but I believe your apps may be there too (freeShop, FBI and the like). Anyway you can find out what the titleid of each game is from http://www.3dsdb.com/

Thanks a bunch for the help! :mthr:

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks from me too! I didn't know you could do that.
I do it on the PSP because it's easy there, but wow, this is really going to help.

BLCKBLuR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can afford it, just get a bigger card. 64GB are 23 bucks at wal mart, 128GB for under 50. It's not a bad deal.
That's the issue, I'm broke. Also, I would rather utilize the 4 SD Cards that I already have, even if they are smaller. Instead of buying new ones. Also, the GBA, SNES, Genesis Etc games are only like 1-3 MB each. So I don't need an SD card with all of that space on it. Nor would I want everything on ONE SD Card. I would rather organize it, where each system, has their own SD Card.

Thanks for the info though. :mthr:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: +1