Using a Passcard on a Flashed DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xfuzion, Sep 21, 2006.

Sep 21, 2006
  1. xfuzion
    OP

Newcomer xfuzion Newbie

Australia
    Hey everyone. I recently bought myself a Enamel Blue DS Lite, with a Supercard Lite and Superkey.

I have flashed the DSL with no dramas, so now I have an empty slot 1 all the time.

I just want to know, if I leave the superkey inside the slot, does it actually do anything, since the DSL is flashed?

I want to prevent too much dust and stuff getting inside.

2. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    My guess is that as the DS is flashed it will just auto boot the Supercard without even knowing that there is a passcard in there.
    The advantage would be sleep mode working, as long as the Superkey supports that (I'm fairly sure it does) as well as the dust prevention you spoke of.

I assume you don't have any DS game carts? They would do the same thing. I have the brain training demo that came with my DS-Lite in my flashed DS.

3. DownwardSpyral

Newcomer DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

United States
    ....so a flashed DS doesn't allow sleep mode?

Balls. scratch that idea

4. Pikachu025

Member Pikachu025 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Austria
    Wrong, a flashed DS does allow sleep mode. It's just that commercial ROMs need something in the DS-Slot to go into sleep mode, it doesn't matter if it's a NoPass or a random retail card.

5. shtonkalot

Member shtonkalot Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!

Australia
    Yeah, what Pikachu025 said.

It's got nothing to do with the DS being flashed and everything to do with a card being in the DS Slot.

The Max Media Launcher from Datel wouldn't do it though. Well at least not unless you modified it.

Ewin make a "Dummy Card" for exactly this purpose. It doesn't have any passme device built in but it connects the required contacts to allow sleep mode. It is also available in matching DS-Lite colours, well the original 3 colours anyway.

6. DownwardSpyral

Newcomer DownwardSpyral The Fastest Thing Alive

United States
    hmm. good to know.

I recall hearing somewhere u can yank the passcard out before gameplay and itll cut down on battery usage?