Hacking Using a G6 can you trade pokemon to retail cart?

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay here is the new question....can you trade pokemon from like lets say a rom version of Pokemon Emerald on the G6 to a retail cart of Pokemon Leaf Green? I would have to go out and buy TWO GBAs, 1 retail cart, so I'd like to know if anyone has any experience trading from retail to flash cart kits.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't buy any if you dont really want to!

I can personally guarantee you that you'd be able to trade using just your pc!

There is a mod for vba that lets you do multiplayer. it kinda sucks through the internet, but through your own intranet it works much faster, so do that.

I was able to play a choppy version of super puzzle fighter with my gf from md to nj, so imagine that at intranet speed and it will definitely work

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've used VBA to trade from Emerald to Emerald using the link feature. What I want to do is link the GBA game to the DS game within G6.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL ceraphis I know you can use VBALink to trade from emerald to Leaf Green ROMS....however I have 80 PLUS hours clocked with some rare and legit ass pokemon I am trying to get to my DS retail cart so......

To answer question....no you can not use a M3 or G6 and get Pal Park to work.....I don't even think use a self booting flash cart would work cause of the save type problem....so again my question is can you trade pokemon from a G6 version of a pokemon game with a retail cart version....has anyone actually tried this?

WhateverDude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just dump your legit retail cart save and use that with VBALink. cart_save.gba works wonderfully on the G6. Put that in your G6, boot GBA mode, open it, take your G6 out, insert your legit cart, wait for it to read all the data, take out your retail cart and put in your G6 again and let it write the save to your G6. Your savefile will be on the root of your G6 with a .sav extension.

I'm not sure, but the .sav files it dumps seem to be Supercard saves, which you can easily convert. Even the G6 UDisk Manager supports those saves if for some reason you wanted to transfer the progress you have on your legit cart to the G6 and play it there.

I just can't wait for the GBA - DS linkage on P/D to be fixed... Do you think G6 will come out with a new patch or will they act evil and not patch a thing in order to force everyone to buy a G6 Real? *shudders*

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm with you, Dude. I want to transfer pokemon from my Emerald GBA save to my Diamond NDS game through G6's linkage.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait, you got an Emerald rom save file transferred onto a legit GBA cart? I'm confused about what you're trying to do but if so, I was wondering about the same thing. I have an Emerald save file that I want to import into Diamond through Pal Park.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is what I had:
Pokemon Emerald Save from a EZ-Flash II
Pokemon Leaf Green Save from a EZ-Flash II
and
Pokemon Diamond save from a M3

What I did:
I bought legit versions of Pokemon Diamond and Leaf Green
I converted my Diamond Save from M3 to G6
I then used my G6 to write my rom save to the retail cart
I then used the program cart_save.gba on my M3 to transfer my Leaf Green save to the retail cart

I then put both retail carts in my DS and unlocked the Pal Park

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boot up the M3 in GBA mode..select cart_save.gba and press A.

The program will then say press L to copy save from retail to M3 or press R to transfer the save from the M3 to the retail

Press R

It will then ask what save do you want to transfer....

select the save

it will then say to remove the M3 and insert the retail cart and press A

At this point give it two minutes to copy the save!

Vioila your retail cart now has your pokemon on it! Well...it worked for me!

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's pretty cool. I wonder if anyone has confirmed it (cart_save) to work for G6 as opposed to M3. I have transferred DS saves to legit carts with G6, easy as pie.

I wonder if my Emerald save would be compatible with a retail cart, I used it back and forth between EFA Linker cart and Visualboy Advance. The saves are 128KB.

WhateverDude

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cart_save is DLDI, so it should work on any Slot-2 cart with the proper patch. I tested it on the G6: I was able to dump the save of my legit Ruby cart -- I can now play it on my G6.

But, until GBA - DS linkage for P/D is fixed, I don't have much use for it. P/D isn't out in Europe yet and my Ruby cart is European, so there isn't much I can't do, even if I imported Diamond, I couldn't use Pal Park with my legit Ruby cart.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We are talking about going the other way Whateverdude.....from the G6 TO THE retail cart.....

I have both M3 and G6....

I copied the cart_save.gba file over to my G6 without using the software
Copied save from Legit Pokemon Leaf Green to G6: WORKS
Copied save from G6 to Legit Pokemon Leaf Green: NO - Locks Up

I then copied the cart_save.gba file over to my M3 without using the software
Copied save from Legit Pokemon Leaf Green to M3: WORKS
Copied save from M3 to Legit Pokemon Leaf Green: WORKS

I have a feeling the G6 doesn't work because its looking for a certain file structure...same way some homebrew only works on my M3 not on my G6.

fuze9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, well that sounds unfortunate, since I only have a G6. I too am hoping to transfer an Emerald save, and when I go to the cart_save screen, I am given no choice on what save I want to transfer. I wonder if it just picks one or if this is the problem with the G6. Otherwise, the right messages seem to be coming up.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is the problem with the G6, on my M3 it list the directory of files on M3, you then select a save and it tells you to swap out the G6 with the retail cart and press A.....on the G6 it locks up right after you hit the right shoulder pad.

MorisatoKeiichi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Has anyone tested this utility for Supercard SD? If it works then I'm definitely going to buy any legit Pokemon GBA game so that I can transfer my saves from EZFlash...
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found one method of accomplishing the equivalent of importing GBA pokemon into Diamond/Pearl with a G6. I downloaded Ciro's Pokemon Maker which is compatible with the GBA games, then I used VBA to export my old Emerald save in gameshark format, which Ciro reads. I was then able to view all the detailed stats of any pokemon in my Emerald save. After that I used Pokesav editor, which is compatible with Diamond/Pearl, to recreate the pokemon with all the same stats, and set the right location so that it says the pokemon was imported through pal park from emerald. The final result is identical data to what you would have gotten through importing GBA>NDS within the game. Not bad!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.