Using a converted Save game from a FAQ page

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by philco1, Sep 4, 2007.

Sep 4, 2007
  1. philco1
    OP

Member philco1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was wondering. Say u got a saved game and it had wifi data in it and you use it. Is the wifi data re-written and new ID tags are generated from your DS thus making the Wifi Data unique? -- Hopefully someone understand this?? [​IMG]

2. thomasroberts6

Member thomasroberts6 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    No, Because as far as I know, WiFi data is not saved to the card in the DS, But the DS itself.... Thats why it says not to use another DS for wifi, because it wont work well.

3. philco1
    OP

United States
    Zuh ... wont the DS just perform a re-write of the data?

4. calvin_0

Member calvin_0 GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    IIRC wifi setting is keep in your DS, but your FC is keep in your cart...inside your save file.

i'm not sure though....

my FC doesnt change when i import a save file from rom to my game cart.

5. philco1
    OP

United States
    so does this mean that if I use someone else's save then I'll end up with their friend code or some other form of data which relates their cartrage or NDS? Will a new FC be generated if I use someone else's save?

6. zeppo

Member zeppo change my avatar!

United States
    I thought that the friend code was randomly generated and based on what ds it was in. however, when I accessed wifi on my ds lite with the mkds cartridge that I accessed wifi with on my ds phat, the fc stayed the same, even though it asked me if I wanted to access wifi cause it would erase previous settings.

since the friend code is not even created until wifi is accessed, if a save is uploaded before the person used wifi, it should not do anything different at all.