Using a 3-in-1 mem expansion pack with a slot 1 card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ChiboSempai, Oct 28, 2008.

1. ChiboSempai
    OP

Newcomer ChiboSempai Advanced Member

United States
    I'm about to buy a new flashcard (either cyclods or acekard 2) and was wondering how id exactly use the EZFlash 3-in-1 Memory Expansion Pack (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967) with them. Others have suggested I buy one with it. The rumble pack is obvious, the ram expansion will help with things liek the web browser, but im guessing il also be able to load gba roms with this?

2. phrozenfeonix

Newcomer phrozenfeonix Member

United States
    Up until now all I've done is lurk in the forums, but i couldn't pass up this opportunity to troll.

YES YOU MORON! READ THE FIRST BOLD FEATURE ON THE PAGE YOU LINKED.

3. ChiboSempai
    OP

Newcomer ChiboSempai Advanced Member

United States
    [​IMG]

how do i run it from the acekard 2? do i boot into the acekard, it recognizes the gba expansion, and i select a gba rom and it does the rest?

4. dewback

Member dewback GBAtemp Regular

United States
  5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Both the official Acekard 2 firmware and the custom AKAIO firmware support direct loading of GBA files to the EZFlash 3-in-1. In other words, you run them pretty much the same as you run a normal NDS file (click on it and it runs the game).

I believe the GBA save data is stored inside the EZFlash's internal memory until the next time you reboot, at which time it automatically gets stored to a save file on your slot1 microSD card.

-Bri