Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Before I continue I don't want to offend anyone. If you feel I'm offending you, I'm sincerely sorry. I've noticed recently that the User Submitted News section has quickly become a portal to Gonintendo articles with PSP news sprinkled around. Alot of the news submitted are just becoming quotes from Gonintendo with no original writings. I'm glad that people who may not visit gonintendo can still get the news but I feel at least some effort can be made. Can I suggest a new rule be placed: If you wish submit news, you must at least write your own personal text rather then completely quoting your source. If I wanted to read the sourced writing I would just go to their site. That my little "complaint." I hope its actually taken seriously and if the staff finds it unimportant I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Thanks

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well we have that "rule" in place for actual submissions from the magazine staff. But in the case of the user-submitted news, it's usually more a case of linking to the original article. Basically saying "Hey, check this news out that was posted over on !". Though that's not necessarily how we want all user-submitted articles to be posted, it's up to the member.

I like your enthusiasm, though.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I understand the concept of what yo just said but it seems a bit lazy. With that type thinking we might as well have a link to Gonintendo, Kotaku, and Destructobot with a thread that says just talk about what you saw on those sites. I think a little more effort would be nice. User submitted news isn't a constant flow and taking two minutes two write a few sentenced wouldn't hurt. It also sets a better "role model" for any standard users that wants to submit news.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Perhaps so. But it would be impossible to mandate such a policy without losing a good deal of the news. Plus, they likely do so for expedience sake. The faster they can get the news to the people, the better.

You have a good point though, so perhaps something may be done. It will require further study.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How about a compromise then. The person can post the important info, for instance "[Insert Game Name Here] was just announced/ was leaked/ new screens", first and then once posted and go back and do a quick edit while people can see it. Thats how I did it when I posted the new Indiana Jones for Wii as well as the video for the new Final Fantasy: Crystal Bearers game.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Nah, I think it's fine the way it is. It allows for other users to check news from all around the net without having to visit other sites. User-made articles are more of a staff sort of thing. If everyone had to make their own article every time they wanted to post news, pretty much no one would bother to post at all.

If you want to make your own articles, go right ahead! However, I don't think it should be mandatory for everyone to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: