Usenet help!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lyuse, Mar 9, 2008.

Mar 9, 2008

Usenet help! by Lyuse at 10:10 AM (1,158 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

I'm thinking of using Usenet from now on I have money to spare and I got banned from most private torrent sites and now I've got to wait hours for a normal tv episode which is kinda lame

What is the best Usenet thingy the fastest etc. ?
    How much will it cost ?
    Does it work in Europe ?

That's all for now

2. bazzi_h

Member bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    You can get a life time block account from Usenet-News. 100Gb is only about $24 which is about £12 and yes it does work in Europe

3. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

That sounds good but is it really for a life time ?

4. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
  5. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

6. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

Turns out my ISP also uses Usenet and I just followed sinkhead's tutorial and it works [​IMG]

7. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    ISP's dont have the best usenet services, they're acceptable but you gotta buy the best ones.

8. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I'm in Europe and I use Hitnews.eu. They've never let me down and apart from a couple of occasions have always got max dl speeds. They're pretty cheap as well (fiver a month), plus there's no upper limit although it's only 70 day retention. Usenet-news sounds cheaper (although it does have a better retention rate) but your paying for 100gigs worth of downloads, then once you've hit 100gig you've gotta buy another datablock. I know people who burn through over 100 gig a month easily. If you're not gonna d/l gigs and gigs worth of stuff then Usenet-news is probably a better option, but if you're gonna grab over a hundred gig a month then I'd recommend Hitnews.