Usenet help!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Lyuse, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

I'm thinking of using Usenet from now on I have money to spare and I got banned from most private torrent sites and now I've got to wait hours for a normal tv episode which is kinda lame

What is the best Usenet thingy the fastest etc. ?
    How much will it cost ?
    Does it work in Europe ?

That's all for now

2. bazzi_h

bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

Jul 12, 2007
    Portmouth
    You can get a life time block account from Usenet-News. 100Gb is only about $24 which is about £12 and yes it does work in Europe

3. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

That sounds good but is it really for a life time ?

4. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
  5. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

6. Lyuse
    OP

Lyuse Newbie

Turns out my ISP also uses Usenet and I just followed sinkhead's tutorial and it works [​IMG]

7. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
    ISP's dont have the best usenet services, they're acceptable but you gotta buy the best ones.

8. TrolleyDave

TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

Former Staff
    Jan 1, 2007
    Wales, UK
    I'm in Europe and I use Hitnews.eu. They've never let me down and apart from a couple of occasions have always got max dl speeds. They're pretty cheap as well (fiver a month), plus there's no upper limit although it's only 70 day retention. Usenet-news sounds cheaper (although it does have a better retention rate) but your paying for 100gigs worth of downloads, then once you've hit 100gig you've gotta buy another datablock. I know people who burn through over 100 gig a month easily. If you're not gonna d/l gigs and gigs worth of stuff then Usenet-news is probably a better option, but if you're gonna grab over a hundred gig a month then I'd recommend Hitnews.