Homebrew Useful links to emulators, channels, etc

Smashey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. This is my first post.

I softmodded my wii in January. I am a complete noob when it comes to this kind of stuff. But i have fun fooling around with it and constantly making it better. I searched high and low on how to do stuff, where to get it etc. And I found alot of confusing guides, dead links, stuff that just plain didnt work. And also, tons of forums and posts of people having the same kind of problems as me.

After messing with alot of stuff, failing alot, pulling hairs from my bald head (if thats possible), i finally got alot of stuff to work. So, as it may be common knowledge to most of you out there. There are people still searching like i was, on how to get stuff to work. Some of this is available directly on the homebrew channel. I just ended up getting it off the net.

Here are links to stuff that actually works. Hopefully, some noobs like myself get some use out of it. I take absolutely no credit whatsoever for any of it. I am simply letting others know of stuff that works.

1) IOS58 installer--- you are going to need this IOS for some of the newer stuff, like channel forwarders. Download the zip file. Unzip it. Put the file into your apps folder on your sd card. Go to the homebrew channel and install it.

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/IOS58_Installer

2) Downloaded a Wii game, to find out its CISO format instead of ISO and cant get it on your WBFS drive? Here is a link to a ciso to iso converter. Just open the program, select the ciso you wish to convert to iso, and it does the rest for you and gives a iso.

ISOtoCISO

3) NES emulator and official channel forwarder. You need to be on homebrew channel 1.0.8, ios 58. Unzip the FCE ultra gx, put the folder that has the boot.dol into your apps folder on your sd card. Put the other folder with the cheats/roms/saves onto the root of your sd. Then unzip the channel forwarder. Put theextracted file into your apps folder on your sd card. Go to homebrew channel. Install the channel forwarder. Done. You now have the working channel.

FCE Ultra GX 3.2.3
FCE Ultra GX Channel Installer 1.1

3) Sega Genesis emulator and channel forwarder. Unzip 1.4.1, put the contents of the apps folder with the boot.dol into your apps folder on sd card. You are going to need your cheats/roms/saves folder on the root of your sd card. If i remember right. This folder is created the first time you run the emulator on your wii.

Next, simply put the extracted genplus140wad into your wad folder on your sd card. Go to homebrew, wad manager and install it. Now you have a working channel.

genplus-gx-1.4.1
genplusgx140.wad

4) Super Nintendo emulator and channel forwarder (official). Unzip Snes9x 4.2.5, put the folder that has the boot.dol into your apps folder on sd card. Put the folder with the cheat/roms/saves onto the root of your sd card. Then unzip the channel installer. Simply put it into your apps folder on your sd card, go to homebrew, and install it.

Snes9x GX 4.2.5
Snes9x GX Channel Installer 1.0

5) WiiMC, newest version + channel installer. Jan2011. Play movies and music on your Wii. Same idea as the emulators. Extract, put the folder with the boot.dol into your apps folder on sd card. Put the channel installer folder into your apps folder on sd card. Go to homebrew channel, and install.

WiiMC 1.1.2
WiiMC Channel Installer 1.7

I know for most of you this is common knowledge. But there are noobs like me that have trouble figuring this out. So hopefully, it helps some people get started. Im pretty dang happy with my wii now. If it doesnt help, just gets filtered down the forum list. No harm no foul.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.