Hacking Question Used to play X game, now it says there's an update I cannot skip

Sonucais

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I'm on a Switch 4.1 EUR. I used to play a physical copy of Mario+Rabbids KB before an update came out. Without never updating anything now it's asking me to update, and it is forced to continue playing it.
Any way to launch the game again without updating my system? It's not connected to the Internet anymore and I'm using airplane mode since a week ago. Tried recovery mode too. Thanks.

Last edited by Sonucais,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now your Switch knows about the game update, it won't let you start the game without it. Even if you factory reset or whatever.

Do you know anyone with an updated Switch? You may be able to run the game & install the game update on their console, then share it to yours via local wireless. If you do this, watch out for any text about a system update, and cancel immediately if you see it.

Sonucais

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now your Switch knows about the game update, it won't let you start the game without it. Even if you factory reset or whatever.

Do you know anyone with an updated Switch? You may be able to run the game & install the game update on their console, then share it to yours via local wireless. If you do this, watch out for any text about a system update, and cancel immediately if you see it.
So, it is the game company who decides if you have to update to play it? Damn it Ubisoft. No problems with Mario Odyssey.

Synchross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's weird. I just started playing Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle yesterday and I had no issues launching the game without updating it. My Switch is on 4.1.0 and has been in Airplane mode since 5.0.X(or a bit later) was released and the game is at version 1.0.371506.

Last edited by Synchross,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

sharing updates requires latest firmware on both consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Managed Budokai Tenkaichi 3 to work