g4jek8j54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I have been offered a used PS3/games for $350, and I figured that I would ask here of what people think of the price. From what I have been told, the package includes the following...

PlayStation 3 (I don't know how many GBs)
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Modern Warfare 3
Need for Speed The Run
Sonic the Hedgehog Unleashed
Two wireless remotes
Ear piece

Does this look like a good deal? From a quick glance, it doesn't seem like it, but I'm not familiar with things related to the PlayStation 3, and really, the only reason that I'm even considering it was for the possibility of getting a Blu-Ray player for a cheap price (but I'm in no real hurry to get one). How much do you think that I could sell or trade the games in for? Also, is there currently any hacking scene for the PlayStation 3? I remember reading some things about fail0verflow and PS3 hacking, but I stopped following shortly after that.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks to be worth it, but you can get better deals on a used PS3 if your willing to shop around on Craigslist.

If your just interested in getting a BD player and you don't have one yet, you might just skip it entirely and check out HD streaming stuff, just something to think about.

I own a PS3 and 99.9% of the HD content I have watched has been on my PC or my PS3 via Netflix or my PC's hard drive.

This is of course dependent on your net connection, if its slow or has bandwidth caps you might not be that interested in streaming large high def files.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think it is. You get some quality games there, an okay ear piece (stereo headset is better), and 2 controllers. And the fact that the PS3 comes with Netflix and others, it's a decent purchase. I'd nab it.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PlayStation 3 (I don't know how many GBs) $250 with most recent model or you could wait for a super slim but that is new
Call of Duty: Black Ops $20ish
Modern Warfare 3 $30ish
Need for Speed The Run $20ish
Sonic the Hedgehog Unleashed $20ish
Two wireless remotes $30 there is sale now for new
Ear piece Not sure but pretty low depending on the model or higher

Does this look like a good deal? No it is terrible From a quick glance, it doesn't seem like it, but I'm not familiar with things related to the PlayStation 3, and really, the only reason that I'm even considering it was for the possibility of getting a Blu-Ray player for a cheap price (but I'm in no real hurry to get one).A Bluray player isn't worth buying a PS3 for if you want to play some exclusives or if you don't have a 360 consider it. How much do you think that I could sell or trade the games in for? You be lucky to get close to $100 honestly Also, is there currently any hacking scene for the PlayStation 3? I remember reading some things about fail0verflow and PS3 hacking, but I stopped following shortly after that. You need a 3.55 firmware as said above or wait if they find a way to dump the bluray keys on the drive for the ODDE.
Honestly do this $259.
Since your not really interested in the games probably you should do the above Walmart deal if you want new and have no time, wait for black friday or wait for a great used deal.

Reactions: Rasas

g4jek8j54

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies everyone! I decided to pass up on the offer. I figured that I really didn't need a PS3, plus from what I read here, it sounds like I could get a better deal if I really wanted to. Thanks again!

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the price point you want one at? I was also thinking of doing a PS3/360 Deal thread but I wasn't sure if there was interest in one.

Reactions: Rasas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)