Hacking Question Used JKSV on sysnand with no internet, will I get banned?

burg777

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just a few minutes ago I booted into my SYSNAND with CFW to use JKSV, I did this to back up my AC:NH game data. However, I didn;t think it would get you banned, but I'm unsure.

I have a NAND backup, but since I created an EMUNAND, I have no space to put it back on my SD card, therefore I'm unable to restore it (I believe).

What should I do?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all you did was use JKSV while offline, you probably aren't going to get banned, and restoring an old sysMMC backup might actually increase the risk of a ban if there's a log mismatch.

If I were you, I would just be more careful in the future. Don't use CFW with your sysMMC.

Reactions: burg777

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, just a few minutes ago I booted into my SYSNAND with CFW to use JKSV, I did this to back up my AC:NH game data. However, I didn;t think it would get you banned, but I'm unsure.

I have a NAND backup, but since I created an EMUNAND, I have no space to put it back on my SD card, therefore I'm unable to restore it (I believe).

What should I do?
You will only get banned if you used piracy on your sysnand. Or used JKSV with a modified save to cheat online.

Piracy, cheating online, and using your ssl cert in another way (like how bots used to download games directly from the eShop). Those are the only way Nintendo is known to ban consoles. (The last one isn't really used at all by a normal end user, but I felt I should still include it).

Homebrew, themes, all of that stuff is just fine to use on sysnand. However the second you pirate or cheat, expect a ban.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What should I do?
There is always a chance of getting banned when you bring a hacked console online.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been online with Atmosphere (and before that, hekate loader) for years. I regularly use homebrew and save managers, too.
Which is perfectly safe.
Nintendo will really only ban for piracy and cheating online.

Also other known but much less common reasons are using the ssl cert from your switch to try and spoof another device to connect to Nintendo servers. Like how the old freeshop boys worked. And by EXCESSIVE fraud. Normally fraud will ban your account. But for excessive amounts of fraud they have banned the entire console before.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Steinyamite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been online with Atmosphere (and before that, hekate loader) for years. I regularly use homebrew and save managers, too.

Hi there, I have a question, if I were to take saved from a v1 banned switch using jksv and copy them over to a new oled switch that has a hwfly chip and can use jksv to restore the saves, would that cause a ban. Idk if saves are somehow linked to an account in the end. Or if I can just backup the data from the banned console and restore it in the new non banned one without any issues of ban. I’m talking about sysnand cfw for both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday