ponygals

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nataliezworld.com
XP
Country
United States
I've been wanting to play the new Pokemon games but they're only available for the 3DS consoles and those are too pricey for me to buy right now. So me using swap meets as my shopping source sometimes I know they have gaming equipment and games and consoles from time to time.

But do you think it's a good idea to buy a used 3DS from a swap meet? Or do you think it may be tampered with?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
'tampered'? don't worry about that :) sure, some people will rip you off or try to trick you, that is life.
just get a used on off ebay or something, you have buyer protection there :)

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see it as worth it simply because nintendo sells them cheaper in most cases, and they have a guarantee and a warranty. I've seen broken 3ds's on ebay go for close to what nintendos store has them listed as.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah yeah, in the US you can buy pretty good quality refurbished consoles from Ninty's online shop for pretty cheap.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It honestly depends. Rule of thumb for most used stores is that it must turn on and play a game. Depending on the used store, they'll check it thoroughly, or just sell it as-is. I've seen both, bought both, and sometimes am a tester for a friend's store. (It's how I got a few of mine dirt cheap).

You can do the same tests in a swap meet/flea market yourself, but be wary of anything that won't turn on. (My advice, bring a charger with you and plug it in if you can. If it still won't turn on, either offer what a broken unit would be worth, or just hand it back and walk away).

Around where I live, I've not paid more than 110 for any regular 3DS (and that was pre-price drop) and actually paid lower for my used XL (I bought my main brand new on sale). XLs tend to run no higher than 140 CIB here, and usually closer to 125 or so. Regulars range from 85 to 110.

2DS units are rare so far, but generally run about 90 from what I've seen.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best advice here it to try it out before you buy. I mean thats what you are going to do with it, play games, right? So try it, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn