Hardware Use the accessory port with panasonic camera cables? Henkaku?

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was looking at my psvita 1000 oled with its mysterious accessory port and googled it to see if anyone ever made use of it or figured anything out about it. There are a couple videos were dude figured out that sony and pqnasonic were colaberating with oled hd screens and a camera that has a hdmi out port and a usb/video out cable that is the same as the vita accessory port. When he hooked up the cable to a pc via usb it shut off the vitas wifi and he said the home screen started lagging, so he tried to shut it off and it froze on shut down.

What i wonder is if there are moduels in the vita firmware that are lying dormant that have access to the mystery port and if with mods we can reactivate it and use it with the panasonic camera video out cable that fits the vita mystery port?

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The accessory port is documented here: https://wiki.henkaku.xyz/vita/EHCI

It's known as EHCI, and is suspected to be a USB 2.0 host port. Connecting it through a cable to another host may damage the system.
Nothing is known to communicate to this port normally, it may require some device poking from kernel mode to activate it as a USB port, similar to the Vita PSTV's port.
I'd like to see this video, and know what cable you're talking about; if a source of plugs for this connector are available, a USB host dongle/Y-cable is possible.
Also, USB storage and SD card readers, too, if the port can be activated and used for USB MSC devices, like PSTV's Safe Mode can.

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The plug does look similar, but I would highly recommend against plugging it into anything powered.
What would be interesting, is to get one of those wires, and a USB gender changer, assuming the pins match.

th3joker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I
The plug does look similar, but I would highly recommend against plugging it into anything powered.
What would be interesting, is to get one of those wires, and a USB gender changer, assuming the pins match.
In part 1 dude said he tried the usb cable from the ac port to the usb port of his acer labtop. He said the psv started acting funny as i the live space home menu was lagging up. He freaked and tried to power it off. It frozed in the power down. He then held the power button until the screen turned off but the ps button stayed blue. He had to take it apart and unhook the battery to fully shut it off and rebuild the database once it was back on

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is genuinely interesting. Sounds like a syscon problem? Or some low-level things failing, since holding the power button for long enough is supposed to be an unconditional hard reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome