Hacking Use psvd and stock memory card together?

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I set up the psvd as my main memory can I use the stock memory card for emulators and psp games?

I read that the stock memory card takes priority but I’m not sure what that means for my situation.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I set up the psvd as my main memory can I use the stock memory card for emulators and psp games?

I read that the stock memory card takes priority but I’m not sure what that means for my situation.
It's one or the other so pick your poison

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can, if you use adrenaline for psp there is setting for that
The psvd will be ux0: after I transfer everything over in the installer, correct? This should avoid issues with game saves.

What will the vita memory card be? ur0:?

Finding any documentation on this has not been easy.

I will dig around in the adrenaline thread.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
The psvd will be ux0: after I transfer everything over in the installer, correct? This should avoid issues with game saves.

What will the vita memory card be? ur0:?

Finding any documentation on this has not been easy.

I will dig around in the adrenaline thread.

The original will be uma0:. Actually i haven't tried this because i don't have pvsd, but based on what i read you can do that, try looking up on vitashell github for changelog, and search this keyword "pvsd uma0". For adrenaline it's confirmed you can use uma0, look up it's github for how-to.
You can also use pvsd as uma0.

Last edited by dizz00,

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what is ur0: and why do I put my config file there?

I don’t feel this dumb on the 3DS side.

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Ur0 is your internal vita memory both model have this, games usually have save issue if moved here so don't. You can move homebrew that doesn't use save function here(vitashell,asm,etc).

Ux0 is the main memory used to install game, you can do anything here.

Uma0 is secondary storage if you use sd2vita or pvsd with vita memory, you can store rom, image, etc here, but afaik the game installed here can't be played.

Tldr
Ur0: internal memory, can't save game
Ux0: game install location
Uma0: secondary storage

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I suggest you use sd2vita rather than pvsd, easier installation and you can switch uma0 and ux0 easily, and cheaper i think

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already bought it. I wanted to have the game slot open.

I am putting a 128GB card inside and never opening it again. I think setting it as ux0: is the best move on this case. If it becomes too much of a hassle I will just sell the vita memory card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also my emulator question was not really answered. Can I store roms on uma0?

dizz00

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
You don't need to sell it, just use it as storage for maybe vpk, psp iso, or other rom. Emulator as long you don't move it to ur0 won't have save issue even if the rom itself is in uma0.

Bu2d85

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one or the other so pick your poison
It turns out that you are right, using the tools (usbmc) from yifan you can not use the stock vita memory card and psvsd at the same time. The stock card will always be ux0: by default.

The original will be uma0:. Actually i haven't tried this because i don't have pvsd, but based on what i read you can do that, try looking up on vitashell github for changelog, and search this keyword "pvsd uma0". For adrenaline it's confirmed you can use uma0, look up it's github for how-to.
You can also use pvsd as uma0.

For the psvsd to be ux0: by default while still using the stock memory card as uma0: you have to use a modded version of yifan's usbmc found here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/6xmony/usbmc_plugin_ux0uma0_mod/

Of course this only applies to the psvsd and not sd2vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: got a mig switch here, freshly smuggled in from China