Gaming Use PSP Slim Battery on a FAT PSP

hippyharry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey.

I just got my own PSP Slim running CFW now, and ive seen that tool, the pandora battery creator. Cant think the exact name of it, but it works on my PSP.

Can i use that to make my PSP Slim battery into a softmod Pandora battery and use it in a FAT PSP.

Ive got the memory card already made up for use in a fat psp, but i was just wondering if this would be possible?

Or is it possible to stick a FAT PSP battery inside the Slim one and soft mod that?

Harry

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hippyharry said:
Hey.

I just got my own PSP Slim running CFW now, and ive seen that tool, the pandora battery creator. Cant think the exact name of it, but it works on my PSP.

Can i use that to make my PSP Slim battery into a softmod Pandora battery and use it in a FAT PSP.

Ive got the memory card already made up for use in a fat psp, but i was just wondering if this would be possible?

Or is it possible to stick a FAT PSP battery inside the Slim one and soft mod that?

Harry

You can stick a slim battery into a fat PSP, but you may need to cut some tabs off the battery to get it to fit.

You can stick a fat battery into a slim, but you'll need to buy an extended battery door if you plan on leaving the battery in.

hippyharry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IBNobody said:
You can stick a slim battery into a fat PSP, but you may need to cut some tabs off the battery to get it to fit.

You can stick a fat battery into a slim, but you'll need to buy an extended battery door if you plan on leaving the battery in.

Ahh, will give it all a go tonight then!

Will post my results here if it works.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IBNobody said:
hippyharry said:
Hey.

Harry

Actually, I've messed with the slim Pandora in the Phat PSP's. You don't need to trim anything, just slide the head first into the battery slot and you will have to hold it in while its installing.

Also, if you are trying to use a slim Pandora battery, you will need to plug the Phat PSP into the AC adapter for it to work. The slim battery will not boot the Phat PSP on its own. Also, you can't use a slim PSP to softmod a Phat battery.

And finally, if your slim PSP has a new motherboard (TA-085 v2/TA-088), you will not be able to softmod a Pandora with that PSP, as Sony has made it so those motherboards cannot write to the serial of the battery. If your motherboard is TA-085 (not v2), then you can softmod the battery. To check what version you have, there is a homebrew called PSPident.

P.S.: The name of the battery creator is Open Source Pandora Battery Tool (OSPBT v0.6)

hippyharry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Shyn said:
Also, you can't use a slim PSP to softmod a Phat battery.

P.S.: The name of the battery creator is Open Source Pandora Battery Tool (OSPBT v0.6)

Ok, done it tonight. Friend came over with his phat psp, i took his battery, put it into the slim, and ran that program OSPBT, backed up the eeprom to memory card, and then flashed it to service mode.

I used the Slim PSP to flash the PHAT PSP battery. Stuck the phat battery back into the phat psp, stuck in my magic memory stick, and hey presto, it worked.

So, you can use a slim psp to softmod a battery. You dont have to back up the eeprom of the battery as there is an option to revert it to a useable battery. the code comes up like 0x123456, but i reverted back to the previous one, so there would be no issue with it.

So, there you go. It does work!

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread. would have saved me.
SO MUCH TIME
I had to mod 2 friend's psp's and the slim batt wouldn't turn the phat on automatically. Then i tried softmodding the phat batt with the slim. I had an outdated hellcat installer, then i did extensive research next day, found out there was a new ver. dled it, then i found out my psp has the dreaded new motherboard. Then i has to open up the phat batt, make the magic stick, cut some stuff, install, then it was okay! My friends had fun waiting 4 days
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr