Use PayPal like a VISA online?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy some stuff from a website but I am not sure if they are legit so I want to use PayPal but there is no option for it.

Is there any way to do this?
wacko.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Erm...you can't do that (enter your Paypal address or whatever as your credit card number).

Why don't you post up the website you're thinking of buying from and maybe someone here has bought there before and can tell you whether they're legit or not and how their experience went.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jph said:
Erm...you can't do that (enter your Paypal address or whatever as your credit card number).

Why don't you post up the website you're thinking of buying from and maybe someone here has bought there before and can tell you whether they're legit or not and how their experience went.

They have a standard VISA/Credit care checkout.

They also have a SSL security thing, but so do other websites that don't ship their orders or respond to e-mails or phone calls...
rolleyes.gif

>Why don't you post up the website
I don't wanna that's why!
mad.gif

(trust me it's not what your thinking.)

Also I couldn't post the site if I wanted to because of forum rules...

I am trying to buy a vibrator for my sisters 18th birthday.
smileipb2.png

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is actually a way to do this. Install that Paypal plugin for your browser and you'll be able to generate temporary credit card numbers for using on sites that don't accept Paypal. I've done it before. I think it's called Secure Cards. Search around on paypal's site. I would find it for ya now but I'm at work lol.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:
There is actually a way to do this. Install that Paypal plugin for your browser and you'll be able to generate temporary credit card numbers for using on sites that don't accept Paypal. I've done it before. I think it's called Secure Cards. Search around on paypal's site. I would find it for ya now but I'm at work lol.

Found it, only works with firefox 2 apparently and I cant find a download link of the actual program...
mad.gif

QUOTE(science @ Jan 13 2009, 11:40 PM) Why the fuck are you trying to buy your sister a vibrator? thats just messed mang

Cus it will be funny?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't think you were serious. It is pretty messed up too imo. Unless your sister knows youre the type of person to do it jokingly, and not take it in a wrong way.

epicelite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been joking about it for like a year so don't worry.
tongue.gif

PS: My family jokes a lot but I want to actually do something for real this time! XD

EDIT: Found that add-on and got it to work! Thanks guize!

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
754boy said:

It doesn't work for Canadian Residence.
frown.gif
Only USA. I need this feature as well since there's a website I bumped into which doesn't accept Paypal. I'm trying to buy my girl makeup as a gift.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chuckstudios said:
Just go here https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...age=SecureCards

I hated the PayPal Plugin, so now I just use that as a bookmark.

I don't understand what you just linked me. I clicked it and all it does it show me my homepage of my account. I'm guessing I still can't access it because I live in Canada.

Edit: Apparently, it might only be for MasterCard users. I'm using Visa, would that matter? I can't download the plugin 'cause I'm from Canada.. but what if I torrent it and install it instead? It might still not work though 'cause it might have to verify through my account.
frown.gif

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
chuckstudios said:
Just go here https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...age=SecureCards

I hated the PayPal Plugin, so now I just use that as a bookmark.

I don't understand what you just linked me. I clicked it and all it does it show me my homepage of my account. I'm guessing I still can't access it because I live in Canada.

Edit: Apparently, it might only be for MasterCard users. I'm using Visa, would that matter? I can't download the plugin 'cause I'm from Canada.. but what if I torrent it and install it instead? It might still not work though 'cause it might have to verify through my account.
frown.gif

It's not only for Mastercard users - it makes temporary Mastercards. It's probably because you're in Canada. For me, it takes me to the secure card management page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night