Hardware Use of third party Gameboy Micro Game Link Cable with Official GBM to GBA adapter

firzen46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I’ve recently got my hands on an official Gameboy Micro to Game Boy Advanced Link Cable adapter, and was going to try to connect my GBM to my GBA using this and a third party GBM link cable, however it didn’t seem to work.

Because I only have one GBM and one GBA, I actually have no idea if it is either one of the console’s problem, or if it is one of the cables, as there is no way for me to test them out.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think we have seen ports fail on consoles before. I can't rule it out but it would be a first around here, even serious neglect I don't think I have seen like I have for most other types of ports out there.

Leads failing, especially third party ones. That is an everyday occurrence.

What games and/or flash carts are you trying to connect here? Sometimes flash carts can get in the way of things.

firzen46

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think we have seen ports fail on consoles before. I can't rule it out but it would be a first around here, even serious neglect I don't think I have seen like I have for most other types of ports out there.

Leads failing, especially third party ones. That is an everyday occurrence.

What games and/or flash carts are you trying to connect here? Sometimes flash carts can get in the way of things.

It was between Pokemon Sapphire, Pokemon Emerald and Pokemon Fire Red (JP).
I also tried Advance Wars 2 single pak mode with the same result.
I was able to get an official GBM to GBM link cable directly from Nintendo so I guess I can test again once it arrives.

EDIT: I can now confirm that with the official GBM cable it does work, so it is just the third party one that refused to work with the adaptor.

Last edited by firzen46,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2