Use of save file from a wupinstalled game to a retail copy.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ShadowLarcanel, Jun 4, 2017.

1. ShadowLarcanel
    OP

ShadowLarcanel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    Mexico
    As the title says would a save file from a game installed using wupinstaller would load correctly by using a retail copy of the same? Ps: i moved the game to the internal memory cause my USB stick was getting out of space. Would that affect somehow?

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I don't understand wwhy they made the savegame manager on Wii U such a pain in the ass to use, when simple ones for 3DS like JKSM are so easy and intuitive. I never got Saviine to work for me.

3. ShadowLarcanel
    OP

ShadowLarcanel Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2017
    Mexico
    Haha what i mean was i already have the save and all but i really want to get this game on retail. So would the save i already have on the internal memory would work just fine? And if i would need to delete the game and update files before putting the disc in.

4. zadanlavey

zadanlavey Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2008
    Mexico
    Make a backup of your save (Use Saviine), delete the game from the console, play the game from the disc to create the save file on the console and then replace that save with the previous one.

Sadly, the Wii U OS doesn't let you delete just the game, DLC or save individually.

zL