use o3DS emunand on n3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by nasune, Mar 24, 2016.

1. nasune
    OP

nasune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    I do apologize if the question has been answered before, but, seeing as I'm kind of in a rush at the moment (I'm off to see BvS in theaters), I figured I should just ask. Is there an easy way to use an o3DS emunand on the n3ds? You see I recently came into possession of a new3dsXL (traded it for two SNES games) but all my games are still on an emunand for my original 3ds, and I was hoping that I would not have to go and regain all CIA's.

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    No, every 3DS' NAND is unique to that console. If these games are legit eShop purchased ones, I think you could just do a system transfer. If you pirated them though, I thnk your only option is to install them all manually again on the N3DS' SD card.

If you have time to experiment though, you could perhaps investigate using GodMod9 by d0k3 to try and move over ticket.db and maybe moveable.sed after an edit (ONLY do this for an emuNAND or A9LH sysNAND, don't mess around with an unhacked sysNAND (no, not even dev mode/pasta mode), or you can easily brick). Doing that might simply let you copy SD card contents from one console to another after that. I'm just making a hypothesis here though, I don't have two 3DSes to experiment with.

Last edited by daxtsu, Mar 24, 2016
    astronautlevel and nasune like this.
  3. nasune
    OP

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    All right, thank you for the info. I'll probably buy another mSD card and start anew then (keeping this one in my o3DS).

4. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    You can actually set up emunand on both 3DSes and update the emunand to the latest system version, then do an official system transfer through system settings. Of course, note that once you move to the N3DS, you can't go back to an O3DS (or maybe you can, but not officially).

I've done this before with rxtools o3ds to reinand n3ds and it worked just fine. The N3DS still reads from the same Nintendo 3DS folder the O3DS emunand had been reading.

5. nasune
    OP

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    But I assume that doing so only transfers officially bought eshop games, I have a number of injects so I'd still have to reinstall those wouldn't I?

6. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    No, it would transfer those too: It transfers the NAND ID information that reads the correct folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Just back up your SD card, do an online-based internet transfer, and then restore your files onto the N3DS SD card.

nasune likes this.
  7. nasune
    OP

Sep 13, 2009
    Netherlands
    All right, that's much easier. Thank you.

CrispyYoshi likes this.
  8. CrispyYoshi

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    Sure thing, and good luck! I hope the transfer goes well!

9. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Finding a reason, waiting for a miracle

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Siteā„¢
    I was also under the impression System Transfer only transfers games registered to your NNID. I may experiment some later.