NULL

Use Luma Game Patches on Citra?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Lordsble, May 27, 2018.

1. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    Issue Fixed
    I was just wondering if there is a way to use my Luma game patches for SM/USUM on Citra. Like randomization and trainer tweaks.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Lordsble, May 28, 2018
  2. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    If they are romFS edits being loaded by Luma, you can recompile the .3ds/.cia with the changes and run it that way

3. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    Well for SM & USUM I use a code.ips and SaltySD, so how can I get the "a" folder and .cro files and to load up?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sounds like I can do that for my XY & ORAS games. (I have a romfs folder and a code.bin) So how exactly do I do that? (sorry for noob questions)

4. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Jul 20, 2016
    Japan
    The "a" folder and the .cro files are just for the romFS, if you compile it then it'll work fine; that said, the code.ips however is a bit tricker and you might need to find out how to patch the code.bin with the IPS. Is it SciresM's code.ips? I don't know if general patching tools will work for that as I'm not familiar with how Luma applies .ips patches.
    Basically, you would use Asia81's Hacking Toolkit to extract a .cia or .3ds of the game you want to mod, then drag and drop your mod files in the right directory and then use the same Toolkit to recompile the .cia/.3ds from the extracted folders.

5. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    ̶W̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶"̶a̶"̶ ̶f̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶.̶c̶r̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶l̶e̶?̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶C̶X̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶a̶t̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶G̶o̶d̶M̶o̶d̶9̶.̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶.̶3̶d̶s̶ ̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶H̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶T̶o̶o̶l̶k̶i̶t̶9̶D̶S̶?̶
    I'm dumb, I just figured it out.

Last edited by Lordsble, May 27, 2018
  6. seam

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Could you please explain how to use this? I put the .3ds file in the same folder as the hackingtoolkit9ds.exe then i extract, and it extracts some .bin files. from there i dont know what to do with my modded romfs folder. it didnt extract a romfs folder for me to simply replace. so i dont know what to do at that point. I just want to put this modded romfs folder into this .3ds file so i can run it in Citra. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by seam, Jun 16, 2018
  7. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    Leave ur .3ds in the folder and select the extract .3ds option. Then mod ur romfs folder to ur liking then reopen the program to rebuild the .3ds. That should work.

seam likes this.
  8. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    New Bitmap Image.
    There is no romfs folder. ONLY .bin files

Last edited by seam, Jun 16, 2018
  9. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    Use version 9 of hackingtoolkit

seam likes this.
  10. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    But I am. You can even see so in that picture i posted. Look at the dos window.

So what I noticed is this. I was extracting an UNENCRYPTED .3ds file. and it wasnt showing the romfs folder. So then i extracted the ENCRYPTED version of the .3ds file and it DID extract the proper folders and i could copy over my modded romfs folder and then recompile it! :D BUT... citra cant load it because it is encrypted... how do i UNencrypt my finished .3ds file which has my mod?

11. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    But in your folder it says "PackEngliishV12" with means it's version 12. HackingToolkit9DS is just the name of the tool, the nine isn't the version number.

seam likes this.
  12. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Oh i see what you mean. Well anyway, how can i decrypt my finished .3ds file? if i can do that i think i am good to go

13. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    Yeah thats the thing, I did the exact same thing you did and afaik theres no way to "unencrypt" a file.
    You HAVE to use version 9 because it was built for extracting decrypted (unencrypt) files.

seam likes this.
  14. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    ooooh i see. well then im going to try that real quick

YESSSSSSS you were right!!! THANKS MAN!!!!

Lordsble likes this.
  15. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    Np, great to hear! :) PM me if you have any more issues or questions.

seam likes this.
  16. Brodie

Brodie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    New Zealand
    Where you able to get the code.ips working? because I am trying to apply a patch for bypassing party check so megas will stay in the form of mega when I close the game?

17. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    If that's some kind of cheat then no, I couldn't get those to work. (x2 exp, easy catch, etc.)

18. Brodie

Brodie Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2017
    New Zealand
    Ah dang, alright thanks.

19. seam

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    Have you had any experience in replacing music tracks in 3ds games? I'd like to mess around with that, just looking for a good tutorial. Whatever the simplest way to do that would be ideal.

20. Lordsble
    OP

Lordsble GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2016
    United States
    behind you
    I have edited ORAS's music at on point (wild, trainer, and rival themes) but tbh I completely forgotten how.