Use Gateway Save Files on rxTools w/o Gateway Card?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Pierit, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Pierit
    OP

Pierit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I sold my N3DSXL and Gateway card a couple months ago, but retained all of my save files. Today I got a 3DSXL and spent a good portion of my afternoon downgrading it to 9.2 and getting rxTools set up and a single CIA installed.

What I'm stuck on now is how to use my old Gateway save file for that CIA? I've found a couple guides but they seem to require the Gateway card, which I no longer have. I'm hoping there's a way to do it without one. I searched around a bit and could not find anything, but if anyone is aware of a guide I'd appreciate you pointing it out. Thanks!

2. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    You mention .cia saves. Are your saves in ".sav" format?

Last edited by Monty Kensicle, Jan 5, 2016
  3. Pierit
    OP

Pierit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    My .3DS/Gateway saves are all .SAV. I don't currently have any .CIA/rxTools saves. Hopefully I'm phrasing that right.

4. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    As far as I know, you need a Gateway to convert those to savdatafiler. I could do it for you if you like. How much do you know about savedatafiler?

5. Pierit
    OP

Pierit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I have it installed and successfully dumped the one save I do have (a minute into the game), but haven't imported any saves.

If you can do the conversion that would be great. I can research what to do with them afterwards. I only have 3 or 4 -- can I PM them to you?

6. Monty Kensicle

Monty Kensicle Yay!

Aug 4, 2008
    United States
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Sure, make sure to let me know what region each one is.

7. Pierit
    OP

Pierit Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Sent. Thank you!