Use GameCube cheats with Nintendont, DIOS-MIOS etc.

This guide is made for anybody who wants to use gamecube cheats with various wii homebrew loaders.

Tested with:
-Nintendont
-DIOS-MIOS (Lite)
-NeoGamma

Requirements:
-This package

Introduction:
Get the cheats you want to use, for example here, the cheats from this site are already in ocarina format and you can use them directly ;) Just click on GCT, select the cheats you want and download the file, save it to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes"). Then you can continue with Step 4. The problem is that they are not so many cheats on the site, most of the ones floating around the internet are in action replay format, for example from here or here. There are two formats of action replay codes, XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, that's already decrypted, then you can continue with step 2, the other format is XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX, that's encrypted, you need to follow step 1.

Step 1:
At first you need to start the "GCNcrypt.exe" to decrypt the code. Simply copy the code into the left box and click decrypt:
one.png

Step 2:
You now need to convert the decrypted action replay codes to ocarina. Start the "AR to WiiRD.jar", copy your code into the left box and click convert code types. If you decrypted the code with GCNcrypt first you need to check the "Each code has a verifier line." checkbox, if the code already was decrypted leave it unchecked:
two.png

Step 3:
Now you got the ocarina code which we can use! Start the "codemanager.exe", click on "Add a code/comment/category", enter the code name, then add the code from step 2 into the code contents box, click store modifications and check the checkbox of the new code:
three.png

Now click "Export to GCT" and enter the filename, in this case "GZLE01.gct" since that is the wind waker usa game id, and save the file to to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes").

Step 4:
This is the easiest step. If you use Nintendont or DIOS-MIOS, just enable cheats in its settings or in the loader settings. If you use neogamma, go into the neogamma "Ocarina/Wiird" option, set "GC Hook Type" to "VI", "GC 2nd Hook" to "= 1st hook" and "GC Ocarina" to "Yes". After this you should be able to play the gamecube game with your codes you want to use! If they doesn't work try another hook type or loader.

That's it! Bye, have fun using codes :)

Crazystato

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've already got some cheats enabled for luigis mansion and super Mario sunshine for non inverted controls.
It i wanted to add a second code for wide-screen patches for each game does there need to be a space between codes when converting?

Jayinem81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time I've ever tried to use cheats with Nintendont. I have all of my Gamecube games injected on the main WIi U menu. What folder would I add the cheats on the sd card?

billnonya204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if anyone will ever even reply because of how old this is but how do you get ARToWiiRD working? every time i launch it, it says that the thing i used to launch it is missing and fails to work I cant find ANY new info on it just a bunch of old outdated stuff that is not working for me Does it Have something to do with the java version or needing the JDK thing? all ive seen is just "run the program and convert the codes" nothing about how to get the program running please if someone could help me get it working again that would be very greatly appreciated, thanks

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I dont know if anyone will ever even reply because of how old this is but how do you get ARToWiiRD working? every time i launch it, it says that the thing i used to launch it is missing and fails to work I cant find ANY new info on it just a bunch of old outdated stuff that is not working for me Does it Have something to do with the java version or needing the JDK thing? all ive seen is just "run the program and convert the codes" nothing about how to get the program running please if someone could help me get it working again that would be very greatly appreciated, thanks
Post the exact error messages or pictures of the error.
Your description doesn't make a lot of sense because it lacks specifics.

billnonya204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post the exact error messages or pictures of the error.
Your description doesn't make a lot of sense because it lacks specifics.
cant link photo because of new account but the error is this
"Error: Could not find or load main class c:\Users\Name\onedrive\desktop\AR To WiiRD.jar
Caused by: Java.Lang.ClassNotFoundException: c:\Users\Name\onedrive\desktop\AR To WiiRD.jar

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
cant link photo because of new account but the error is this
"Error: Could not find or load main class c:\Users\Name\onedrive\desktop\AR To WiiRD.jar
Caused by: Java.Lang.ClassNotFoundException: c:\Users\Name\onedrive\desktop\AR To WiiRD.jar
Java version on your system?

billnonya204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the java JDK installed running it through that because someone said that it would help fix .jar files not running but ive uninstalled that now and got a new download of the ARToWiiRD and it still hits me with this error now: Error: Could not find or load main class c:\Users\Name\onedrive\Desktop\ARToWiiRD_v0.9\AR To WiiRD.jar

billnonya204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive tried installing older versions of java now and its the same error Error: Could not find or load main class c:\Users\Name\onedrive\desktop\AR To WiiRD.jar This might be a dumb question but can it run at all in win10? even with old java versions installed it pops up a command prompt flashes the error and then closes itself within 1 sec in a flash

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I got some codes from here: https://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2599

As the AR on thread's title suggests, it's an Action Replay code.

I'm aiming to convert this code using AR to WiiRD jar program:

00495829 00000000
0249582a 00000008

But after i click the button to convert it, it still looks the same: http://prntscr.com/uq3tfw

So, nothing was really changed, unless i'm wrong..

How do i can properly convert this and other codes?

Last edited by Perfect One,

AyaOfTheNope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how the codemgr is flagged as a virus. i don't care if it's a false positive, seeing it just makes me not trust it at all. I wonder if there's a DIFFERENT way to convert codes that doesn't involve destroying my laptop.
Go ahead, scan the codemgr.exe file via Virus total, you'll get the same results i did.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I love how the codemgr is flagged as a virus. i don't care if it's a false positive, seeing it just makes me not trust it at all. I wonder if there's a DIFFERENT way to convert codes that doesn't involve destroying my laptop.
Go ahead, scan the codemgr.exe file via Virus total, you'll get the same results i did.
BrawlCrate has one built-in iirc

Reactions: Alexander1970

DocLouis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide is made for anybody who wants to use gamecube cheats with various wii homebrew loaders.

Tested with:
-Nintendont
-DIOS-MIOS (Lite)
-NeoGamma

Requirements:
-This package

Introduction:
Get the cheats you want to use, for example here, the cheats from this site are already in ocarina format and you can use them directly ;) Just click on GCT, select the cheats you want and download the file, save it to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes"). Then you can continue with Step 4. The problem is that they are not so many cheats on the site, most of the ones floating around the internet are in action replay format, for example from here or here. There are two formats of action replay codes, XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, that's already decrypted, then you can continue with step 2, the other format is XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX, that's encrypted, you need to follow step 1.

Step 1:
At first you need to start the "GCNcrypt.exe" to decrypt the code. Simply copy the code into the left box and click decrypt:
one.png

Step 2:
You now need to convert the decrypted action replay codes to ocarina. Start the "AR to WiiRD.jar", copy your code into the left box and click convert code types. If you decrypted the code with GCNcrypt first you need to check the "Each code has a verifier line." checkbox, if the code already was decrypted leave it unchecked:
two.png

Step 3:
Now you got the ocarina code which we can use! Start the "codemanager.exe", click on "Add a code/comment/category", enter the code name, then add the code from step 2 into the code contents box, click store modifications and check the checkbox of the new code:
three.png

Now click "Export to GCT" and enter the filename, in this case "GZLE01.gct" since that is the wind waker usa game id, and save the file to to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes").

Step 4:
This is the easiest step. If you use Nintendont or DIOS-MIOS, just enable cheats in its settings or in the loader settings. If you use neogamma, go into the neogamma "Ocarina/Wiird" option, set "GC Hook Type" to "VI", "GC 2nd Hook" to "= 1st hook" and "GC Ocarina" to "Yes". After this you should be able to play the gamecube game with your codes you want to use! If they doesn't work try another hook type or loader.

That's it! Bye, have fun using codes :)
the cheats aren't working. when i start the game with cheats all that comes up is a black screen. I'm using the cheats from here https://gamehacking.org/index.php?chid=G&r=*&l=all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16