Use GameCube cheats with Nintendont, DIOS-MIOS etc.

This guide is made for anybody who wants to use gamecube cheats with various wii homebrew loaders.

Tested with:
-Nintendont
-DIOS-MIOS (Lite)
-NeoGamma

Requirements:
-This package

Introduction:
Get the cheats you want to use, for example here, the cheats from this site are already in ocarina format and you can use them directly ;) Just click on GCT, select the cheats you want and download the file, save it to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes"). Then you can continue with Step 4. The problem is that they are not so many cheats on the site, most of the ones floating around the internet are in action replay format, for example from here or here. There are two formats of action replay codes, XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, that's already decrypted, then you can continue with step 2, the other format is XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX, that's encrypted, you need to follow step 1.

Step 1:
At first you need to start the "GCNcrypt.exe" to decrypt the code. Simply copy the code into the left box and click decrypt:
one.png

Step 2:
You now need to convert the decrypted action replay codes to ocarina. Start the "AR to WiiRD.jar", copy your code into the left box and click convert code types. If you decrypted the code with GCNcrypt first you need to check the "Each code has a verifier line." checkbox, if the code already was decrypted leave it unchecked:
two.png

Step 3:
Now you got the ocarina code which we can use! Start the "codemanager.exe", click on "Add a code/comment/category", enter the code name, then add the code from step 2 into the code contents box, click store modifications and check the checkbox of the new code:
three.png

Now click "Export to GCT" and enter the filename, in this case "GZLE01.gct" since that is the wind waker usa game id, and save the file to to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes").

Step 4:
This is the easiest step. If you use Nintendont or DIOS-MIOS, just enable cheats in its settings or in the loader settings. If you use neogamma, go into the neogamma "Ocarina/Wiird" option, set "GC Hook Type" to "VI", "GC 2nd Hook" to "= 1st hook" and "GC Ocarina" to "Yes". After this you should be able to play the gamecube game with your codes you want to use! If they doesn't work try another hook type or loader.

That's it! Bye, have fun using codes :)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
native control should affect only the controller. you can still use memory card emulation.
it's been a long time I didn't use nintendont, so I'm maybe wrong, but it should be explained in nintendont first post (I detailed what native control allowed and affected when I wrote that guide)

Reactions: Procyon

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Native controls and memory card emulation are separate so you can use either without affecting the other. The only disadvantage to native controls is you can't use a button combination to return to your loader, you have to power down the console and restart it.

Native Control Off is a patch that intercepts the gamepad polls and lets you use USB/BT controllers. Leaving it off makes the game use the standard GC ports on a Wii.

Last edited by GreyWolf,
Reactions: Procyon

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
Native controls and memory card emulation are separate so you can use either without affecting the other. The only disadvantage to native controls is you can't use a button combination to return to your loader, you have to power down the console and restart it.

Native Control Off is a patch that intercepts the gamepad polls and lets you use USB/BT controllers. Leaving it off makes the game use the standard GC ports on a Wii.

Awesome, I couldn't order the cable yet, but I'll do when I can. I really enjoy this application.

Thisispow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey thanks for the guide but I need some help with the Game ID.
This game's ID is not in the Gecko games list which is why I am the ar code to gecko.
Is there a way to know the game's ID?

Last edited by Thisispow,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks for the guide but I need some help with the Game ID.
This game's ID is not in the Gecko games list which is why I am the ar code to gecko.
Is there a way to know the game's ID?

Open the game disc with a hex editor. The game ID is the first 6 characters on the disc.

Portal2player56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to get codes for pm:TTYD and Luigi's mansion to work but here are my problems i am experiencing atm:
1. Pm:ttyd hasn't been covered by gecko yet so i can't get the list automatically from usbloader.
2. even if it was for some reason when i try to use codes for luigi's mansion and set ocarina to on and cheats and everything needed for the cheats to work on,i load the game and nothing happens.no notification,no changes to the game whatsoever.
3.ar to wiird.jar seems to not be located in the files from the package.
4.when i try to use already decrypted codes ready for use by ocarina/nintendon't/ectra,same outcome happens as #2,nothing happens.
help? (i even have nintendon't up to latest version and all the required files and in the right folders and pathways too.)

Last edited by Portal2player56,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide is made for anybody who wants to use gamecube cheats with various wii homebrew loaders.

Tested with:
-Nintendont
-DIOS-MIOS (Lite)
-NeoGamma

Requirements:
-This package

Introduction:
Get the cheats you want to use, for example here, the cheats from this site are already in ocarina format and you can use them directly ;) Just click on GCT, select the cheats you want and download the file, save it to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes"). Then you can continue with Step 4. The problem is that they are not so many cheats on the site, most of the ones floating around the internet are in action replay format, for example from here or here. There are two formats of action replay codes, XXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX, that's already decrypted, then you can continue with step 2, the other format is XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX, that's encrypted, you need to follow step 1.

Step 1:
At first you need to start the "GCNcrypt.exe" to decrypt the code. Simply copy the code into the left box and click decrypt:
one.png

Step 2:
You now need to convert the decrypted action replay codes to ocarina. Start the "AR to WiiRD.jar", copy your code into the left box and click convert code types. If you decrypted the code with GCNcrypt first you need to check the "Each code has a verifier line." checkbox, if the code already was decrypted leave it unchecked:
two.png

Step 3:
Now you got the ocarina code which we can use! Start the "codemanager.exe", click on "Add a code/comment/category", enter the code name, then add the code from step 2 into the code contents box, click store modifications and check the checkbox of the new code:
three.png

Now click "Export to GCT" and enter the filename, in this case "GALE01.gct" since that is the wind waker usa game id, and save the file to to the folder your loader of choice uses (for example "codes").

Step 4:
This is the easiest step. If you use Nintendont or DIOS-MIOS, just enable cheats in its settings or in the loader settings. If you use neogamma, go into the neogamma "Ocarina/Wiird" option, set "GC Hook Type" to "VI", "GC 2nd Hook" to "= 1st hook" and "GC Ocarina" to "Yes". After this you should be able to play the gamecube game with your codes you want to use! If they doesn't work try another hook type or loader.

That's it! Bye, have fun using codes :)
How do I use the codes with Nintendont? I looked up tutorials but nothing's working.

Reactions: Natural

Avary

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know this is a bit of an older article but I use Nintendon't and I've done all of the steps but I can't find the codes folder. Where would it be located?

jakepool2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if im the only one but i can not for the life of me get that jar file for ARTOWIIRD open at all i have tried absolutely everything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So I know this is a bit of an older article but I use Nintendon't and I've done all of the steps but I can't find the codes folder. Where would it be located?
did you get the ARTOWIIRD jar file to open?

Reactions: Natural

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Natural

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if im the only one but i can not for the life of me get that jar file for ARTOWIIRD open at all i have tried absolutely everything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

did you get the ARTOWIIRD jar file to open?

Have you updated Java?

rpg4e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, I tried to follow the instructions. Unsuccessful ... Kaspersky always cuts in first, but the browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox) also stopped me from downloading it first. After a bit of fumbling, it ended with the fact that although I had decrypted AR codes, I could not hack them into the code manager. For some reason, it just does not want to work, no matter from which source I download it. (Have already disabled all antivirus and firewall programs ect completely, temp files deleted blah ...)

Can someone bring me the codes from codejunkies the following games to the GCT format for use with USBLoader GX?
It would suffice in txt format so that the USBLoader GX can create the GCT itself after my selection.

If there is a subforum that I have missed, excuse me, please postpone it.

Zelda - Twilight -Princess GC GZ2P01
Zelda - Ocarina of Time CE GC PZLP01
Zelda - Majoras Mask CE GC PZLP01
Zelda - CE GC PZLP01
Zelda 2 - CE GC PZLP01

I thank you in advance,
rpg4e

Edit:
... if I see it right, I already have my solution. ^_^ Thank you

Last edited by rpg4e,

BilehBawb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I’m having trouble with converting the codes into wiird.
They seem to not appear on the right side.
Help would be nice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv