Use Gameboy and NES games with 3in1, too?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Inunah, Jan 23, 2010.

Jan 23, 2010
  1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    When I press select enough times to show all the files in my SD Card, all the Game Boy Color, Game Boy, and NES games I have show with the same icon that games that can be loaded with GBA ExpLoader have.

I can't directly select them or .gba files... But like, is there a program I could use that loads GBC and GB games from the slot-2 instead of from an emulator? I don't care much if you can load NES games from it, but that would be an appreciated bonus....

I'm using an R4 with YSmenu, and what I believe is the latest version of GBA ExpLoader. I think something's wrong with it, though... I can't seem to load Rayman Advance and Riviera: The Promised Land with it (both lead to a white screen and a crash, and other people report both games working just fine on their 3in1s)......

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  3. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Oh, i was just wondering if there was a version of the loader for GBA games that could load NES, GBC, and GB games too. Because at one point (before I got my 3in1) I was able to select GB, GBC, and NES games separate from an emulator and I got an error message that said "nothing in slot-2" or something.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    GBC mode does not exist on the DS. The very processor it used is 100% gone from the circuit board. Thus, there's no way to play GB/GBC games natively on the hardware. And there's certainly no way the DS contains the NES hardware, right?

You can't "load" a file unless the processor knows what to do with it. Since you don't have the GBC or NES hardware, you MUST use emulation of some sort. This emulator could be for the GBA (Goomba Color and PocketNES) and run off the slot-2 card, or it could be for the DS (Lameboy, NES DS) and run from slot-1.

5. Inunah
    OP

United States
    Well then why did it give me that option?

BTW, it no longer gives me that option because when it let me do that I was using a precompiled version of DSision2 and YSmenu, so I know nothing about what version it was or whatnot.... And I had to switch back to regular plain old YSmenu sometime between that finding and getting my 3in1.