Use Atmosphère to access FULL RAM with homebrews WITHOUT NSP

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by natinusala, Oct 19, 2018.

1. theinternetnomad

theinternetnomad GBAtemp Regular

May 3, 2013
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario
    Hahaha, fair enough

DarknessPlay3r and stitchxd like this.
  2. bluntman420

bluntman420 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2009
    Canada
    I am using SX OS also. Can i not boot the hekate payload, boot into atmosphere, and than follow the instructions to install retroarch while in atmosphere? I have no problem booting intro atmosphere to use retroarch and SX OS for everything else. Is this possible?

3. bluntman420

bluntman420 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2009
    Canada
    Nevermind, reboot to payload lets me switch seamlessly between any cfw. But how do i get the title id of a homebrew nsp or even install an nsp thru atmosphere?. My apologies, so used to SX OS. Thanks.

4. bluntman420

bluntman420 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 8, 2009
    Canada
    I tried to use a homebrew nsp and changed the title id in hekate so it would redirect me to the homebrew launcher. Now when i try to boot into CFW or OFW through hekate i just get a black screen. All i can do is boot into CFW from SX OS. I tried formatting my sd card and transferring all new files and still get the same black screen using hekate? Any help would be apppreciated. Thanks.

5. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    I followed this guide to the letter and everything works just fine, except N64.

I download the core just fine (Latest MupenPlus Next) but when i try to load a rom, literally nothing happens, and i also dont see any menu to overclock anywhere.

So what am i doing wrong?

6. lil-devil

lil-devil GBAtemp Regular

Oct 16, 2007
    Canada
    easiest way is to get rid of your second part of your title_id for the album part and download the homebrew launcher (legacy format) from https://reinx.guide/guide/download-and-install
    let layeredfs do the work :)

7. DieHardjagged

DieHardjagged Member

Newcomer
    Oct 6, 2018
    Germany
    It should work if you started a installed game while holding R on the mainscreen of the Switch.

8. Ivellios

Ivellios GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2009
    Brazil
    Thanks, turns out i was using an outdated Retroarch without knowing, after i deleted all the old files and installed the new ones everything worked

9. bananapi761

bananapi761 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 8, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Norn Iron
    Is it possible to have button combos directly launch an nro? Tried manually doing it on atmosphere config, didn't work.

10. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 22, 2015
    Albania
    The Adriatic Sea
    Oddly enough, overriding any game/app with the homebrew channel makes melonDS perform worse than expected..
    Why this happens i don;t have a clue.
    Anyone could explain why?

11. viperman99

viperman99 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 28, 2019
    United States
    I'm running Atmosphere and I'm on 8.0.1 What I am trying to do is run retroarch with full ram access to get N64 emulation to run. I don't have any NSP's installed. It is my understanding that the newest version of atmosphere (which I have) allows for the homebrew menu to be opened with full ram access by holding R and opening one of your games from the home screen (I don't have any). My question is what would be the simplest way to either A) Install a game that can be booted from the homescreen (is there some homebrew .nsp I could install?), or B) find some other workaround to get retroarch to run with full RAM access in Atmosphere.

For the record I have tried the .nsp forwarding version of retroarch that came out a while ago but it was incompatible with the newest version of retroarch (1.7.7) which is the one I have installed.

12. RunFwrd

RunFwrd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    United States
    all this time i thought i will wait to set up the n64 emulator and now that i do i see that i need atomsphere to do it? im not sure im committed enough yet. will this ever work with sx ? i like my sx

13. iluvfuzz

iluvfuzz GBAtemp Regular

Apr 23, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Since atmosphere does the r on any game to access homebrew menu by default now does that mean mods won't work with atmosphere?

14. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Mods are enabled by default, you don’t hold a button to access them.

iluvfuzz likes this.
  15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    But by the default config (loader.ini) you can hold L to disable them, I believe. Same with cheats.

ZachyCatGames likes this.
  16. jammybudga777

jammybudga777 GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2013
    does full ram access this still work on ofw 9 latest atmosphere?

17. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Addict

Jun 19, 2018
    United States
    Hell
    Yea, of course :P

jammybudga777 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted