1. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner The Edge of the Soul

United States
    I see that I don't have that app. Then why the hell is it that it seems like my dummy Switch (as in, the one I use to take the ban for me to save my legit purchases from the eShop and just to be able to use Nintendo's services for the Switch in general while also having the benefits of a hacked Switch) can't read game cartridges? I know I bought the tablet used off of eBay, but I don't remember the listing saying anything negative about the game cartridge slot. My clean Switch can read cartridges perfectly fine with no hassle or error messages about how my cartridge isn't recognized or whatever.

Is my game cartridge slot bad!?

2. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Both atmosphere fusee and hekate have a auto nogc feature. You can change it in BCT.ini for fusee and hekate_ipl.ini for hekate

3. Eudeyrn

Eudeyrn Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    What version of Atmosphere are you using? The loader.ini format changed in the latest release when support for FW 7.0.0 was added. Edit: the changes are not part of 0.8.4 stock yet, but they are in Kosmos's fork. If you're using Kosmos >= 11.10.0 you need to change to the new loader.ini format, no the one in the OP.

Last edited by Eudeyrn, Feb 25, 2019
  4. ZachyCatGames

ZachyCatGames GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    stock 0.8.4 doesn’t have the loader.ini changes (unless there was another silent June 15th. edit: just checked, there wasn’t a silent June 15th)

Last edited by ZachyCatGames, Feb 25, 2019
  5. Eudeyrn

Eudeyrn Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The changes are not yet in release zip for stock Atmo, you're right. Fixed my post to remove any confusion.

The changes are in Kosmos's fork and part of that release zip, so the point stands - it's possible they are using the old loader.ini format with the new code, which would explain why HBL just doesn't load.

Or maybe there's an an even simpler answer, lol - I just looked back at their post, their override key is !R. Of course the game launches when R is held, that's what that means ... HBL should launch when R is not held.

Last edited by Eudeyrn, Feb 25, 2019
  6. zapp8rannigan

zapp8rannigan Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey,

Sorry for being stupid but I'm not getting this line:

Use the fusee-primary.bin payload to boot Atmosphère (you can chainload it with Hekate to dual boot others CFW / Lakka)

How do I chainload fuse-primary.bin with Hekate? Or am I reading that completely wrong?

EDIT

Scratch that, worked it out, if there are people like me (probably not!!) just drop the fuse-primary.bin in a folder called payload (I had to create it) under the bootloader folder.

It didn't seem to work anyway for me though, but then i accidentally booted into the hekate cfw (rather than going into payloads) and thought i'd just try it again (using Thumper) and it worked for some reason. Not sure why but I'm not complaining :)

Last edited by zapp8rannigan, Feb 28, 2019
  7. WhoIAm

WhoIAm Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Must say, this is a really good use for my Labo Variety Kit cart after the novelty of playing with the cardboard piano finally wore off :)

8. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hello all! I am having an issue with this, and reading through the replies is leaving me with no answer :(

I did the =app thing, the =R thing as well as launching hbl using this method using different titles (including ones that were mentioned here like pokequest).

My issue is that I do not believe I have full ram still, how can I tell if I do or not? I am trying to use this method to play some homebrew on RetroArch N64 core and whether I load via this method or album I get the same result. Lots of stuttering and pausing in gameplay. Makes the game unplayable.

I am using Kosmos 11.10.2, any ideas as to what my issue could be?

9. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

United Kingdom
    You've got the full ram access. If not you'd just get a crash when trying to start an N64 game in retroarch.

What's causing the stutters is that you're not using the svc patches. Assuming your Kosmos is up to date (I don't follow it so I don't know if that's the right version number), it does have the patches installed, so you just need to use the right mupen next core, not the one that comes with the current retroarch nightlies but the special build m4xw posted separately, here. (The nightlies will eventually catch up with this once libnx is updated)

10. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Ah - I think I have this specific core, but I will try it. I might have just missed this link while setting it up. Thanks!

Edit: Holy sh*t, the file sizes were the same, but the hashes were different. I guess maybe a bad copy or something. It;s working flawlessly now. Amazing! ^~^!

Last edited by stitchxd, Mar 2, 2019
    hippy dave likes this.
  11. wakabayashy

wakabayashy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    thx

Last edited by wakabayashy, Mar 3, 2019
  12. W9qI8k5QMf

W9qI8k5QMf Member
    Newcomer

United States
    what firmware are you on? 6.2 or 7 ?

13. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    7.0.1, using Kosmos 11.10.2.

14. Soso76

Soso76 Member
    Newcomer

France
  15. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm a little confused.
    Is there a way to edit the loader.ini to have this method enabled on Breath of the Wild and at the same time still being able to launch the hbmenu via album applet (of course not with full ram then)?
    My current config looks like this and works with BotW but not the album applet:
    Code:
    [hbl_config]
    title_id=01007EF00011E000
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=R
    [default_config]
    override_key=!L

16. stitchxd

stitchxd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Code:
    [hbl_config]
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=R

[botw_config]
    title_id=botw_title_id_goes_here
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=R

[default_config]
    override_key=!L

Would this work?

17. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    Interesting idea but unfortunately it does not.

@natinusala Is it not possible to put in redirections for more than one title?
    My config (inspired by @stitchxd) looks like this:
    Code:
    [hbl_config]
    title_id=010000000000100D
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=!R

[botw_config]
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=R

[default_config]
    override_key=!L

I want the hbmenu to launch either by using the album applet without holding R or (!) by launching BotW while holding R.
    With that config the applet is working again but BotW "only" boots BotW.

18. klondike_bars

klondike_bars Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So I'm trying load the homebrew menu in full RAM mode through "devmenu" which is titleid=0100000000002065, and limited RAM mode through albums. Limited RAM works fine through albums, but I can't get full RAM to work through devmenu.

Here is my loader.ini:

Code:
    [hbl_config]
    title_id=0100000000002065
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=!R
    title_id=010000000000100D
    path=atmosphere/hbl.nsp
    override_key=!R

[default_config]
    override_key=!L
    cheat_enable_key=!L

19. theinternetnomad

theinternetnomad GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    So, I'm using SXOS as my primary custom firmware and in order to get full ram access, I've created a forwarder channel for retroarch. Most games seem to be running fine, however, I noticed Yoshi's Island (SNES) has some noticeable slowdown. Is this due to the cores (I'm using the stock snes9x and snes9x2010 cores that come in the zip) or have I done something wrong? If possible, I rather not switch to a different CFW.

20. natinusala

OP natinusala Win32 error 31 is not an error

France
    It's due to SX OS sucking ass and not being supported by RetroArch

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Atmosphère, homebrews, WITHOUT