1. Immortallix

OP Immortallix Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Lately my homebrew channel will hang on the loading circle & not be usable or straight up crash and give a "DSI Exception Occured" black screen, whenever I load into the channel, or if it does happen to load properly, after I exit seemingly any app. So far this only has been happening while a USB is plugged into either (or both) ports. These are all (3) USB devices I have been using on this Wii for at least a year, all FAT32. Two of them just thumb drives with roms, video files, and a few apps, the other a 500GB external hard drive for Wii & GC games only. I keep and load most of my apps off a 16GB SD card, which has also given me no trouble prior. I've also not added any new apps (save for updates) in the past year.
    The only other thing I can think of, is that this all started happening after cleaning off my Wii, which I do every few months. I'll wet a cloth, wring it out until there are no drops (so the cloth is just barely damp) wipe off the dust, wipe the console with a dry cloth, use a hand vacuum on all the ports and vents, then one last dry wipe. This is a process I've been repeating for years and I do my best to make sure no moisture gets in the console. But that's the only thing I can think may be causing the issue. I've also included a SYSCHECK text document (site wouldn't let me upload the format the app spits out).

Attached Files:

jeannotte and alexander1970 like this.
  2. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

Thank you for your sysCheck.I am sorry to hear of your Issues with your Wii.:(
    It is maybe Time to Update your Softmod (according to your sysCheck it is really necessary.)
    - your Homebrew Channel needs an Update
    - your cIOSes for USB Game Loading are "not so good" installed.....

But there is Help for you.

There is this Tool......I forgot the Name.......from @XFlak ...something with Modern Pimp the Wii or so..:evil::P

No,seriously.:D

You can use ModMii for the Update.

Maybe this Tutorial and Link helps you:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/modmii-for-windows-official-support-topic.207126/

You can use your sysCheck File on it and ModMii gets you the needed Files.
    Also a "personal" Guide and an Application to install the Files is then included.:)

Please take your Time and read all in Calm and Piece.It is not difficult to make the Update.

Good Luck
    Thank you.:)

jeannotte likes this.
  3. Immortallix

Newcomer

United States
    Awesome! Thank you! I will try this out and report back.

4. Immortallix

Newcomer

United States
    So I used ModMii & followed the instructions to update. I had no issues with the process and everything went smoothly. I even reinstalled the homebrew channel, but I am having the same issues. Is there anything else I can try?
    I've attached an updated SYSCHECK, although ModMii says it is up to date.

Attached Files:

5. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hello,

For the syscheck report ==> OK

Regarding usb keys with wii, they do not work well (often a black screen or does not start, prefer an external hard drive format in FAT 32.

Is your loader up to date?

USB loader gx ==>https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. alexander1970

alexander1970 Austrian Guy - allowed make grammatical Errors

Austria
    Hello.:)

Thank you for the Update.:yay:

I am sorry to hear you still have this Issue......

Is your USB HDD plugged into the correct USB Port 0 ?

728px-Wii-USB-port.jpg

jeannotte likes this.
  7. Vilagamer999

Vilagamer999 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If port 0 doesn’t work try changing it to port 1

8. Immortallix

Newcomer

United States
    My HDD for Nintendont & USB Loader GX is in port 0. When I use smaller flash drives for ROMs in other apps I put them in port 1, but the crashing seems to occur regardless of which port any usb device is in, including both at the same time.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Crashing, Freezing, Channel