1. Rip_heart

OP Rip_heart Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hello, Long time fan, first time posting

I have home-brew my wii following the great guides i found here and on the sub-reddit. It worked all very well, i used the 2GB sd card to mod it and a Maplin 8gb usb drive to provide my games.I dumped the nand using usbloadergx and installed the games. I was all working great.

After i got a bigger usb (sandisk) but the wii didnt like it, so i am going back to the maplin drive.
    Sadly i had formated the maplin already, so i tough i will just format again (fat32) and just copy my folders there and it should work. It didint...

The problem is that usbloadergx is not detecting the usb now. The sd card is still there and the games i had installed in the emumand are there (not sure if all working) but i bought several more games that i want to add.

USB is on port 0.
    I have 3.56gb wbs and 1.8 gb wads to install so the 8gb pen is more than enough. i want this wii to be for my essential collection only.

- does the emumand install on the usb or the sd or depends and how can i check this?

Note: i have no idea if i dumped the nand to the usb or the sd card...looking at the custom paths its all showing sd. (i must have messed up something maybe.)
    - Dose this means i have dumped it on the 2GB sd?
    - also may i ask where are the games installed? do i need to keep them on the usb drive or are they installed to the emunand?

Bonus question :D :
    I have read thats is possible to use only the usb and stop using the sd card. do i need to do everything from the beggining for that? I am just worried that i will run out of space on the sd card (also i could then use the sd to hack the red wii i bought for the children :) )

Sorry for the long and confusing post!

Thank you in advance!

Edit: i have check and all the games that still show up when i boot the usbloadergx are not working... does this means i need to start all over?

Last edited by Rip_heart, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Rip_heart

OP Rip_heart Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Update: i re-installed usbloadergx and still the same issue. I tried other wad manager and it detects the usb, so what could be the issue?
    Thanks.

3. Rip_heart

OP Rip_heart Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    ok, some update. after reading about not using usb pen, i am using a hdd, 120gb ide crucial, formated 32gb.
    usbloader gx detects the disk, lets me install the games, but when i try to run any game i get a black screen and have to force power of the wii.

first added games manually, after i used wii backup manager.

I reinstaled the USBLoaderGX r1271, d2x-cIOS-Installer-Wii v 10 r52 base 57 249 / 250.
    on the gx setting i have 58 for loader and 249 for game (tried 250 also).
    hdd box has 2 usb cables, for powe in usb1, used with one and both.

Still nothing works, both with WADs and ISOs. Can someone please provide me with some guidance?
    I have spend all this time reading about and trying to fix this and i have no progress.

Thanks!

4. Tweaker_Modding

Tweaker_Modding Siezure Dice™

United Kingdom
    USBLoaderGX gave up reading my USB as well but WiiFlow on the other hand works fine

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - usbloadergx, detecting, questions