Hacking USBLoader GX won't run GameCube isos, only wbfs files

Gateway01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to run an iso off of USBLoader I get a black screen every time. I've been using this for about a year with no issues and didn't change anything to cause this, the games just stopped working. I tried on another Wii with the same setup I have and no dice. I'm running the most recent version of DIOS MIOS and the correct cIOS (v8 I believe).

Judge all you want, but I am using 2 32GB thumb drives, one for GC and one for wii. I was able to run a wbfs from the GC drive, and not iso files, and I was not able to run iso files on my wbfs drive.

Any other information I can give.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DIOS MIOS doesn't use cIOS at all, but the MIOS (v10) and BC (v6).
DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite both comes and install to the same slot, so you can only have one at a time, only the last installed MIOS will work and determine whether it's using SD or USB for games.

DIOS MIOS is old, doesn't have the best compatibility and can have device detection issues.
I don't know if you really want to use that loader for a particular reason, or if you don't know that there are better alternatives, such as Nintendont.
Nintendont works with both SD and USB, is compatible with audio streaming games, works with FAT32, ExFAT, MBR and GPT drives. You can use Wiimote and many USB controllers too. It works on Wii and WiiU.

I don't know if you are mixing things or not, as your post is a little confusing, but gamecube NEED to be in "iso".
You can't install a gamecube game on a WBFS partition, nor convert the ISO to wbfs.
Gamecube games with DIOS MIOS (Lite) requires a FAT32 with 32k/cluster.

Gateway01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for any confusion, I'm no expert at this. I set it up two years ago and haven't changed anything since. I'll likely uninstall DIOS MIOS and install Nintendont then and see if it fixes anything. Will report back if I have any issues. Thanks!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendont doesn't even require installation.
All you need is IOS58 (which you should already have).

Then copy the "boot.dol" of nintendont to your SD:/apps/nintendont/ folder and run it from HBC like any game loader.
Additionally, USBLoaders are capable or launching gamecube games with nintendont by changing the settings and tell which loader to use : MIOS, devolution or nintendont.
By default it's set to MIOS. change it here : Settings > loader settings > Gamecube mode
be sure to use USBLoaderGX r1260 from my signature, old version don't have nintendont support.

If the games used to work, they should be in the correct folder and format, so nintendont will see them.

Oh, and, don't uninstall DIOS MIOS.
Don't attempt uninstalling system files. just keep it, even if you don't use it anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Oh my gosh is noon, time to play... a Sonic Streets of rage game 😎