Hacking UsbLoader GX with Nintendont crash

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,617
  • Replies 16
D

Deleted User

OP
I have an 2TB external HDD and made 2 partitions. The first one is 20GB size formatted as FAT32 and cluster size 32Kb which I have GameCube games in and the second one is formatted as WBFS for Wii games.

I have the lastest version of UsbLoader GX and the lastest version of Nintendont. IOS249 is already setup and stuff so my Wii games are working perfectly, and I've set destination of Nintendont in UsbLoader GX settings and the games are in the right place, but when I try to launch a GameCube game then Nintendont first boot up, it says some text, but I get black screen immediately after so I can't read it, then my Wii U reset so I get back in Wii U mode again. I tried both Sonic Adventure DX and Super Mario Sunshine, but neither work.

When I try to run one of the games by opening Nintendont and selecting USB then it says "No FAT device found or USB:\games directory not found" or something like that, when I clearly have FAT32 and Super Mario Sunshine is in directory USB:\games\Super Mario Sunshine [GMSP01]\game.iso

What am I doing wrong? I've been searching on Google but gotten no answer, that's why I'm asking you guys, so I hope you're able to help me!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Verify your partitions are part of a MBR partition table, and not a GPT table format.
The FAT32 partition also needs to be a primary type (not extended or logical)

If your partition table is GPT, you will have to convert to MBR, but you will probably have to format the partitions because the partition manager will not be compatible with WBFS format.
Also, WBFS format is old and not recommended anymore, Wii games are working fine with FAT32.
There is a tool to convert WBFS to FAT32, if you need to convert GPT to MBR you probably should convert to FAT32 first to prevent losing games.

What's strange, is that you said you have "latest" (which one?) version of USBLoaderGX, and it should detect if the partitions are incorrect.
Let me know which partition format you are using, and which revision of the loader you have, so I can verify the partition check function.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am sick of ppl keep claiming they have the "latest"
Is it that hard to write down the revision shown on screen when the app boots? If you can't see one, you definitely don't have the "latest".
You can also check the cios used and usbloadergx revision while its running by going to the credit page in the settings menu.

I have seen ppl claiming they have the lastest cios rev17 and latest usbloadergx version 2.3. LOL

Wasted a lot of time waiting for a good answer.

Lets eliminate one uncertainty real quick and fast. OK?

D

Deleted User

OP
Verify your partitions are part of a MBR partition table, and not a GPT table format.
The FAT32 partition also needs to be a primary type (not extended or logical)

If your partition table is GPT, you will have to convert to MBR, but you will probably have to format the partitions because the partition manager will not be compatible with WBFS format.
Also, WBFS format is old and not recommended anymore, Wii games are working fine with FAT32.
There is a tool to convert WBFS to FAT32, if you need to convert GPT to MBR you probably should convert to FAT32 first to prevent losing games.
I just checked and it says I have MBR, and my FAT32 partition is primary and the first one.
What's strange, is that you said you have "latest" (which one?) version of USBLoaderGX
I am sick of ppl keep claiming they have the "latest"
Is it that hard to write down the revision shown on screen when the app boots?
Sorry for that. I have version r1260 which I downloaded USBLoader GX from @Cyan's signature. I'll try installing the lastest cios to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks for taking the time to try help me!

Last edited by ,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it should be fine then.
MBR, primary, FAT32, first partition in the partition table.

Do you have more than one USB connected to the console?
connect only the HDD with the gamecube games.

cIOS has no effect on gamecube loader, it required IOS58.

D

Deleted User

OP
it should be fine then.
MBR, primary, FAT32, first partition in the partition table.

Do you have more than one USB connected to the console?
connect only the HDD with the gamecube games.

cIOS has no effect on gamecube loader, it required IOS58.
That's the only USB I have connected to the console. I tried once before to play Sonic Adventure DX from my SD card and it worked perfectly, but the SD card is only 2GB and I can't use any bigger size for Homebrew Channel, so that's why I want to use USB.

D

Deleted User

OP
does it have its own power suply? if not you need an y cable wanting it or not.
Yes my extern HDD has its own power supply. If you actually read my post then you would read that I said "extern HDD" and that "Wii games are working perfectly".

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yes my extern HDD has its own power supply. If you actually read my post then you would read that I said "extern HDD" and that "Wii games are working perfectly".
extern hdd doesnt mean it has its own power supply that connects to the wall to me.

wii games run diferently than nintendont and the error your seeing im preety sure it has an error of people hdds not having enough power, if nintendont directly cant even find it theres only 2 chances.

HDD is underpowered
File setup is wrong.

that issue can only come from this 2 things.

D

Deleted User

OP
extern hdd doesnt mean it has its own power supply that connects to the wall to me.

wii games run diferently than nintendont and the error your seeing im preety sure it has an error of people hdds not having enough power, if nintendont directly cant even find it theres only 2 chances.

HDD is underpowered
File setup is wrong.

that issue can only come from this 2 things.
File setup isn't wrong because it worked when I used SD before, and I don't think HDD is underpowered because I use the power adapter that came with it, but I'll try tomorrow with another USB HDD.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
you didn't tell what version of nintendont you are using. Older revisions and latest ones have different HDD compatibility.
if you are on the latest 382, try something in the range of 29x (IIRC). Try another HDD etc

D

Deleted User

OP
you didn't tell what version of nintendont you are using. Older revisions and latest ones have different HDD compatibility.
if you are on the latest 382, try something in the range of 29x (IIRC). Try another HDD etc
Yes I'm on the lastest one. I'll try an earlier version then and hope it works. Thanks

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
his problem is diferent, the other hdd compat issues were becuase nintendont would fail to mount the hdds, but on his case nintendont cant even see it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr