usbloader gx update

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by tornadog, Jun 25, 2009.

Jun 25, 2009

usbloader gx update by tornadog at 4:03 PM (1,014 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. tornadog
    OP

Member tornadog GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I installed usbloader gx and then went in and clicked update button. it said rev 554 is available. I selected update all, and it downloaded file to my sd card. but when i look in credits it still says rev468. is that normal. Also sometimes the backups from usbloader would give me a black screen or memory dump. but after restart it works fine.

2. TRushInfo

Banned TRushInfo Banned

United States
    if you are using the channel you cannot update the channel it will only update thru HBC

3. Jeomite

Member Jeomite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah, it sounds like you're using the Channel WAD and not the Forwarder... you cannot update on the Channel version... I highly recommend using the Forwarder method...

Also, this should be moved the Backup Loaders forum. [​IMG]

4. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
  5. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you're using a forwarder, perhaps you renamed the GX folder within /apps to match the location the forwarder points to. If that's the case, you need to go into the options withing GX, and set the update path to the folder that GX actually launches from. There's a good possibility that right now, if you open HBC, you'll see that there are 2 copies of GX.... but your forwarder keeps pointing to the old one.