Hacking Usbloader gx+nintendont won't play from usb

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I have a wii u with usbloader gx and nintendont. Both are on the current newest versions. Usbloader shows all my wii games and GameCube games and I have the global loader setting set to nintendont but when I try to run a GameCube game it says this version of nintendont doesn't support usb. But if I launch directly to nintendont from the HBC I can see and play my games from there. Any ideas? Thanks

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your not using the most up to date version of usb loader gx. The most up to date version can be found only in cyans signature.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't have the latest version of USBLoaderGX.

Update from the internal update menu!
(Adeka: yes, 1233 is available now from internal update)

why create a new thread for ALWAYS the same issue?
ALL the issues this past month is for the same problem, always the same question.

1. search the forum for similar question before asking, if it's a common problem (and it is!) a lot of users already asked it
2. don't create a new thread, there is a USBLoaderGX thread where you can get support, and there's a nintendont thread where you can get support.

sorry that I'm saying it to you, it could have been anyone else.
I'm Just wondering why everybody create a new thread for a single question when there are stickied official support thread just one click away from the "new thread" button.
(yeah, USBGX is in the Wii section, and you are in WiiU, so it's not stickied here)

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If I didn't mess up when I pushed 1233 to internal update, it should work ;)
or maybe the user already tried to update and is really on 1233, but nintendont changed again? lol

Sorry I tried to update last night and there was no new versions. Now I'm on 1233 and it's working great. Thanks! Didn't realize a new update had been pushed since last night

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1233 is available in the internal update since last week.
Maybe the network didn't work yesterday.

Glad it work for you now :)

Since updating I can play GameCube games but if I use the button combination to return to loader or if I restart the wii u usbloader will revert back to 1226? So I have to update everytime I open usbloader. Any idea why that's hapening

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have the full channel ? (you probably installed a full channel mod made my random user who don't understand that it mess the update system).
Full channel has the loader's inside it.
If a user injected "1229 HBC version" inside a channel, the update system is the one from "1229 HBC" not the one for "1229 Channel version".
So, when you update it, it download boot.dol and copy it to SD card for you to launch from HBC.
But the channel is untouched and not updated. if you have return to the channel, it will reload the old one.

The proper way to make a real "Full channel" is to compile it with Full channel options, it will have a "C" for channel after the version in the credit. "3.0c"
But the Full channel doesn't have updates anymore. (I don't think I will make them, forwarder is so easier to use).

You should delete the channel you currently have, and install the Forwarder channel (the Forwarder vWii v5.1fix), which will always load the boot.dol from SD or USB.

Then in the loader's setting, set "Return to" that channel.

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you have the full channel ? (you probably installed a full channel mod made my random user who don't understand that it mess the update system).
Full channel has the loader's inside it.
If a user injected "1229 HBC version" inside a channel, the update system is the one from "1229 HBC" not the one for "1229 Channel version".
So, when you update it, it download boot.dol and copy it to SD card for you to launch from HBC.
But the channel is untouched and not updated. if you have return to the channel, it will reload the old one.

The proper way to make a real "Full channel" is to compile it with Full channel options, it will have a "C" for channel after the version in the credit. "3.0c"
But the Full channel doesn't have updates anymore. (I don't think I will make them, forwarder is so easier to use).

You should delete the channel you currently have, and install the Forwarder channel (the Forwarder vWii v5.1fix), which will always load the boot.dol from SD or USB.

Then in the loader's setting, set "Return to" that channel.

I'm sure the channel i had before was the forwarder you mentioned but either way i deleted it and installed the one you recommended but still was not staying on 1233 when i restarted. i have fixed it by downloading the .dol on my computer and manually putting it on the card, now it stays updated when i restart. Thanks for the help

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe you don't use the correct folder name?
default path is apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

There's a "update path" in the custom path menu. Maybe it didn't point to that path (maybe on USB instead of SD?)
I don't know, but it clearly didn't download it in the correct path if the forwarder still launched the old version.

The forwarder is looking in SD card first, then all USB partitions.

D

Deleted User

This is an old thread, but I'll post here cause I'm having the same problem. I updated USB Loader GX through the internal update service, and I updated Nintendont with the latest file on Github. It works fine when booting it through Homebrew, but USB Loader says that it doesn't support USB. What's a version of USB Loader that actually works with Nintendont? And why is it so hard for the devs to get Nintendont to launch from their program? Doesn't seem like too difficult a task to me...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You either :
- Don't have latest version of USBLoaderGX. Verify in settings>Credit.
if you see "3.0c" you have the channel version, it's outdated and support is dropped. please, delete the channel and reinstall the Forwarder channel instead to load the loader from SD card.
If USBLoaderGX is updated correctly, you should see "r1256" on the boot screen sequence.

- You didn't tell the loader that you want to use nintendont.

There are 3 methods to launch gamecube games, it's not hard for the devs, it's up to the users to select the launching method.
By default, it's set to launch gamecube DISCs, the default behavior of the console and the method used by the first backup loader : DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite.
Then, there's Devolution
And finally there's Nintendont.

You have to tell the loader if you want to use MIOS (default), Devolution or Nintendont
Settings>Loader settings>Gamecube mode

To me, it looks like your issue is the first one.
3.0 didn't support USB, because at release time NO backup loader supported USB, only DML (for SD) was released.
After each gamecube backup loader release, I updated the loader to support them and all their features, being USB or all their settings.
You have to use the homebrew+forwarder channel.
The full channel is not used anymore (both dangerous and not compatible with WiiU)

Reactions: eureca
D

Deleted User

You either :
- Don't have latest version of USBLoaderGX. Verify in settings>Credit.
if you see "3.0c" you have the channel version, it's outdated and support is dropped. please, delete the channel and reinstall the Forwarder channel instead to load the loader from SD card.
If USBLoaderGX is updated correctly, you should see "r1256" on the boot screen sequence.

- You didn't tell the loader that you want to use nintendont.

There are 3 methods to launch gamecube games, it's not hard for the devs, it's up to the users to select the launching method.
By default, it's set to launch gamecube DISCs, the default behavior of the console and the method used by the first backup loader : DIOS MIOS and DIOS MIOS Lite.
Then, there's Devolution
And finally there's Nintendont.

You have to tell the loader if you want to use MIOS (default), Devolution or Nintendont
Settings>Loader settings>Gamecube mode

To me, it looks like your issue is the first one.
3.0 didn't support USB, because at release time NO backup loader supported USB, only DML (for SD) was released.
After each gamecube backup loader release, I updated the loader to support them and all their features, being USB or all their settings.
You have to use the homebrew+forwarder channel.
The full channel is not used anymore (both dangerous and not compatible with WiiU)

Thanks for your help. My problem was I just wasn't patient enough. USB Loader GX would update, load update from USB (where I have my custom path set), but every time I would launch it from then on out it would load an older version from the SD card. Idk why this is, but I fixed it by updating the version on my SD card manually. Now everything works perfectly. I apologize for my previous comment. I just got frustrated over nothing. USB Loader GX really is an amazing piece of software, and I really appreciate all you've done so that everyone can enjoy it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1