usbloader gx forwarder not recognise new boot.dol??

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by cv65user, Jun 17, 2009.

1. cv65user
    OP

Newcomer cv65user Member

United States
    i installed usbloadergx wad - channel version which originally had version 468 on it, and then recently i manually update usbloader gx by put boot.dol version 533 in hbc apps folder. as i wanted to make use of the alt dol features in the new version. - yes i renamed it to boot.dol

when i load the forwarder in wii main channel menu. it still loads my old usbloader gx as when i check credits it says version 468????. and i dont have alt dol features

however, if i go in hbc, and then loads usbloader gx through there . it will load the version 533 and i can goto credit and it will report version 533 as well as it has alt dol settings

what have i done wrong? how do i get the channel forwarder to link to the new boot.dol usbloader gx?

my path is F:\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol ; so thats correct

2. geedub

Member geedub GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    you have pasted the new dol into the same folder as the old one and overwritten the old one ?

lol i missed the fact he even said channel version

3. data0002

Newcomer data0002 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    If you have the version i think you have then you won't be able to update. you need to install the new wad version as the loader is run from the memory not the drive. if you want to do the updates you need the forwarder not the channel version.

4. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    The channel version is different from the forwarder versions. You have the channel version and want the forwarder.

5. cv65user
    OP

Newcomer cv65user Member

United States
    the wad i originally downloaded is USB Loader GX-ULNR-r468.wad . and when i load usbloadergx from the channels. the credit shows its ver 468 .

so basically my wads installed to memory , but i thought it was like a windows shortcut to the 'sd/apps/usbloader_gx/' folder?

in that case , where can i get the usbloadergx ver 538 but the wad forwarder version so i can install it ?
    this one ? http://rs324.rapidshare.com/files/24458394...er_14.06.09.rar

in that case , do i just install it and it will over write it . or how do i uninstall the old one first ?
    dont i use same wad manager but select uninstall rather then install or what is the talk of this 'wad uninstaller' program? cant i just delete it from channel saves like a normal game save ?

thx alot guys

6. cv65user
    OP

Newcomer cv65user Member

United States
    your right , even with my sd card out of wii . usbloadergx still loads. so its installed to wii ram ? so its noit pointing to the 'sd/apps/usbloader_gx/' directory

7. cv65user
    OP

Newcomer cv65user Member

United States
    i sorted it guys ,. i re downloaded and renamed as boot.dol and put in apps/usbloader gx directory and un installed with wad manager and then downladed the new USB_Loader_GX-UNEO_Forwarder_14[1].06.09 wad pack and instaleld that .

now it shows up as ver 541 . now i just realised theyve re released a new version 542 as we speak lol