USBLoader GX black screen before loading

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by og style, Oct 30, 2011.

Oct 30, 2011
  1. og style
    OP

Newcomer og style Advanced Member

United States
    When ever I try to load USBLoader GX I get a black screen. Nothing shows up and I have to hold the power button to reset the wii. My Wii was working fine then all the sudden it started doing this. No one made any changes to the software. I have USBLoader GX v938 installed on my wii. I tried a newer version of USBLoader GX and still no luck. I am on firmware 4.0u and running cios rev14. My Triiforce mrc loads the games off the hard drive fine. I have reinstalled the cios and changed it to rev21 and it still does the samething. I am using WBFS. I hooked the hard drive up to another Wii and it works fine. I even took my nand backup and restored the Wii and it still won't work. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

Thanks

2. Etheboss

Member Etheboss Official LULWUT supporter

Netherlands
    Wierd thing happening there...just do a checkdisk anyway of your drive...and let windows auto correct the errors

3. og style
    OP

United States
    I should have said that I am running WBFS. I don't even the the connection timeout screen on USBLoader GX with the drive unpluged.

4. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Have you tried to to a complete reinstall of GX? As in, removed all the config files etc as well.

5. og style
    OP

United States
    I have totaly removed it and tried a different version. The other wii I tried my drive on also had my memory card in it.

6. og style
    OP

United States
    Before I restored my old nand backup, I made a backup of my current nand. Last night I restrored the newer nand and the usbloader worked. I tried it and reboooted the wii. When I tried it again it would not work. My nand look terrible. Is it possable the nand needs cleaned up. I have posted a picture.

Would it be worth updating to the latest firmware then mod it again? If so do I need to remove bootmii?

[​IMG]

7. og style
    OP

United States
    Any ideas?