USB reader no longer working?

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by DonPatchKyuubi, Jul 7, 2008.

Jul 7, 2008
  1. DonPatchKyuubi
    OP

Newcomer DonPatchKyuubi Newbie

United States
    Hey I need help guys! I have the USB micro SD reader that came with the R4 and the light is on when I plug it in to the computer as if it were working. But I can't get my computer to view the files on my Micro SD anymore. I usually go to My Computer and click on the Removable F disk to view my files on my micro SD, but that icon is gone now. My R4 still reads and plays the games I have. Does anyone know a good replacement USB micro SD reader? My computer doesn't have a SD slot.

2. starfox468

Member starfox468 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  3. Fraggerman

Newcomer Fraggerman Newbie

United Kingdom
    If you're using vista then it's a known problem that I have yet to find a solution for (Reinstall of OS solves it ). I've also heard a few people using WinXP have the problem to.

Make sure you haven't added any new drives lately and that you haven't used up all the drive letters... Works for some.

4. revoman

Newcomer revoman Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Im using vista and all the microsd card readers i got work fine and fast. Sounds like a driver issue.

5. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I've never had any problem with the card reader, regardless of OS. I;ve used Vista 32bit, XP home, and Ubuntu, never any problems. Either your card reader is defective/broken or you're not inserting your MicroSD into the slot all the way.