USB Probs

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Clivo, Aug 20, 2011.

Aug 20, 2011

USB Probs by Clivo at 10:22 AM (466 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. Clivo
    OP

Newcomer Clivo Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi All

I am having trouble with the USB ports on my Wii.

The console has been softmodded with Homebrew Channel, Configurable USB Loader, Backup Disc Channel and LoadMii. The firmware version is 4.2E.

I have no idea how this softmodding thing works, it was done for me by a guy who has since moved out of town due to work commitments.

I have just purchased EA Sports Active 2 which comes with a wireless heartrate monitor, motion sensor for the right leg and a USB dongle for the Wii to collect all this data. I have downloaded a backup copy of the software as I have been told playing any original discs will reset the console back to normal.

The backup discs runs ok but the USB dongle is not recognised by the console and I suspect the softmodding has done something to the USB drivers or something which means the game and it's wireless accessories will not work as intended.

I have checked all the bits on another console, standard factory settings, and everything works great.

I'd appreciate and help and advice on how I may get round this problem.

With Thanks

Clivo

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    With the original disc, it will try to update the console to 4.3, however priiloader if installed and the hack is set will prevent this.

I do not have the game but have seen a thread that said it was working if you select 223 as the cios to run the game from. Select this in the individual game setting in cfg