USB pen drive versus HDD (transfer kit)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chrisrlink, Sep 1, 2011.

Sep 1, 2011
  1. chrisrlink
    OP

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    Ok im thinking of getting a transfer kit for 360 but was wondering if saves (modded) have less chance of corruption vs USB pen drive transfer (fable 3 in particular) or is there an equal chance of corruption?

2. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    Probally equal but don't take my word on it since I have no experience in the matter.

3. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Well so far I've used both an external HDD, the 360's HDD, and a 16gb flashdrive and each had no problems with corrupted files. I figure it might be user error or a bad file whenever it happens, so backup all of your saves and what not and you should be just fine.

4. mocalacace

Member mocalacace GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Its definitely more convenient to transfer content from the computer to your xbox with a usb drive. When you use a transfer kit you will have to turn off your xbox to take out the hard drive so you can transfer data to it, while with the usb drive you can keep your xbox on the whole time. Also if you are having problems with the data getting corrupted, try transferring fewer files at once, or using a different program.

5. gokuguy

Member gokuguy GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Using a 360 Transfer Kit is easier and more efficient in the long run.

BTW, a note to remember, some modded saves have a checksum security system that makes the game read the save as corrupted if anything doesn't check in correctly. I know Fable 2 has this, so Fable 3 might have the same thing. Just remember to get a tool that resigns the checksum correctly after modding the saves that need this.