USB On to Go+ Harddrive - HANDHELD Experience Thread

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by Chrisssj2, Oct 16, 2018.

1. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yeah but it wouldn't work, there's no point in trying. 3.5" drives don't get power from USB. In fact I'm pretty sure they don't even run on 5V.

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Be careful what Velcro you use you need two long strips one at the top of the drive one at the bottom but choose wisely I used some extra strong textile Velcro for security reasons so it would not fall of but now I can’t split the Velcro apart from the drive, it’s that strong without putting a lot of pressure on the back cover which I think it might crack. Yes just don’t use something to over the top like I did.

retrofan_k likes this.
  3. WiiuGold

WiiuGold GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 5, 2015
    United States
    I'm using a 8TB HDD. For dock mode. Handheld I use a 5TB HDD 2.5.

4. coffinbirth

coffinbirth Member

Newcomer
    Jun 15, 2009
    United States
    I tried to explain this to him once already, but he's not even remotely close to understanding any of this.

5. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Addict

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    I do and like i already said do whatever you want i don't care. No need to keep bringing me up in this thread. The only drive i would consider safe is flash and nothing else and that's going to stay like that. You're not gonna change my opinion about that or anyone else. Like i said, do whatever you want, i don't care

Last edited by kumikochan, Nov 10, 2018
  6. Haterade

Haterade Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2018
    United States
    I have a WD 4tb external on mine and it works just fine